• Black history month is for all

All white people have a traditoin now black people have to have a tradition noot just white people

i hate green beans i like carots and my daddy is the tooth fairy tooth fairy and i go ohh ohh oh wanna see my pen i put is in my nose

• We must respect this month and honor all the black people in this world that ended slavery!!!

For those people that said no, you have no respect. If you are black and you said no, you should be ashamed because other people like Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks have helped end slavery and discrimination for black people and if that didn't happen you would still be a slave and probably made fun of because of your color. There. Said it in u guys face so honor those brave blacks in history because you are just talking SHIT.

• You celebrate everybody else

China,Mexico,even Gays is celebrated,so why not blacks and they always get the short end of the stick.Black people was stolen from Africa and made slaves in the United Snakes of America,and are disrespected more than anyone.Then people wonder why they act like they do.So do not take their month away.

• Yes, Keep Black History Month!

Why I think it should stay because it’s a time when black people get to learn about their race in a whole new way and to show people who stood up for others that couldn’t it’s a whole new experience to other people and maybe teaches young black people new things.

• Because people need to know where they come from.

Because they want to feel like they belong with society and want to feel freedom as they were with society they want to feel if they can be friends with other people that are not color or Mexicans they just want society to accept them in to their own community

• Yes we should celebrate black history month

African Americans helped save our country for an example Martin Luther king jr has created all of the races together now with his I have a dream speech and with that it will keep going until we all die for another example Abraham Lincoln’s civil war he was fighting against slavery for the civil war many things happen. Slave keepers made the slaves fight with them and die with them while other slaves if there owner dies another slave owner decides to own the slave. After the war slavery was no more see so many things happen with blacks included we should celebrate black history month.

• Obviously yes we should

Black figures are ignored in british history, only this year’s gcse introduced a poem about it. Before then, many black kids didn’t have a chance to study their history in school whereas white kids did. It’s a great idea and it celebrates a huge part of culture that diserves to be recognised.

• Absolutely we should and must

In America, we are surrounded by so much hate, distrust, and bigotry. People of a darker skin tone have always been treated less, they have been treated like they aren’t human. But that’s the thing, we shouldn’t treat others differently because of their skin color, we are all human. Celebrating black history month is a good way to honor them and show our respect for people of different race and attempt to undo the hardships they have endured.

• Celebrate every race,

I think that we should celebrate every race because we have all made good accomplishments. We should definitely celebrate Black History month, and we should also celebrate other races too. We need to celebrate all races, no matter the skin color. We need to celebrate all good, and different people.

• Of course we should

Yes because saying that white people need their own month is just bad because white people enforced segregation which is a horrible thing. Black people went through harsh days, everyday for a long long time. Not everyone agree but this is my opinion and I think that we should have black history month.

• Black History is American History

Black History Month is a poor excuse for a dedication to African American people in history. If the African American people in history made differences in America, it should be considered AMERICAN history and shouldn't just be taught in the shortest month of the year as a tribute to their skin color.

• Just say no.

Equality means "Of the same Value." By relegating the month of February to be a month where Black History is prevalent, we are by definition making the topic biased. This Bias says that for this period of time, ANY other groups history isn't as important as black history. This is racial inequality. I don't believe the Black Leaders of the civil rights movement wanted a month where civil rights and equality could be remembered - I think they were fighting for equality in everyday life. I believe in equality - I have for my entire life - I don't believe the advent of Black History month makes reparations for the past conflicts of racism, but I don't feel reparations are even possible in this day. I feel it's every citizen's right and duty to stand up and say, "I am an American - just like all the other other Americans I meet every day - no matter their race, background, or color of their skin. We are all equal."
    So get up, be an American, stand equally with your brother and sister Americans, and realize that the "Dream of Equality" is a reality now. Work hard to make the rest of your dreams come true - Did Black History month ever give anyone the key to their dreams? Americans do it every day of the year.

• Racist Month. Period.

Why should there be a black history month when there is no month for any other race? No one race should be above the others. Equality, not this. We need to end racism, not disguise it and feed it to the next generation. We are ALL Americans. Let's make a month for that.

• No it was long ago

No we should not celebrate black history month as it was long time ago. We should forget about black history month and to be honest no one really cares about this topic anymore and it people do not care about celebrating it . Well some people care but not all people care about it.

• No we should not celebrate black history month

We should just celebrate all races history into one month, that way no race is left out and it should be on a different month because February is the is a short month so it would make more sense to have it on a longer month so we can celebrate all the races in one month.

• Equality for everyone

I personal don't have an issue with celebrating ethical or cultural backgrounds, but as a white male I feel it would be unacceptable within today's society to celebrate white culture or the history of white background(s). And in fact I would go as far as to say if I suggested such an idea in an open arena I would be labelled as a racist. This is not equality this is oppression in a sense of oppressing white peoples freedom to express themselves by celebrating their own historical background (right or wrong for better for worse it's still there history) plus it leads to less informed people (generally young males) to turn to organisations such as the EDL or BMP who are racist groups. Only if events such as Black History Month was not forced upon others then I believe ethnic groups would show more interest in the subject, combined that with equal celebrations I think different ethnic groups would be more integrated and cohesive.

• White history month

I believe it only promotes reverse racism in this day and age. If someone proposed a white history month they would be labelled a racist. How then is it acceptable to have an entire month set aside to show the accomplishments of one ethnic group. It is a double standard to promote one race over another.

• It fuels racism

Having different holidays specifically for any race just helps to fuels the racism. We need to take down the racial barrier not celebrate any one race but human kind as a whole. So lets get rid of black history month and change it top a month for celebrating the history of humans as a whole.

• Nope. Black History Month is absolutely pointless and a waste of time.

Why should we have a month out of the year where we have to listen to black people whine and bitch about things that happened literally in none of their lifetimes? It's stupid that anyone has to pay for what their ancestors did. Guess what, blacks: Your own people sold you into slavery. Why not go screech at them for a while?

People who think they're entitled to something because their ancestors were segregated or abused is complete and utter bullshit. Not only that, white people were also segregated. Irish and Scottish sent to America were forced into slavery. Don't act like it's just the darkies that were forced into slavery. EVERYONE was a goddamn slave. You're not special because you blend into the night sky. You're not special because you light up like a christmas tree when it hits midnight because you're so pasty white. NOBODY deserves to have an entire month of dedication to their race.

• No, there should not be a Black History Month.

Yes, black history month shows the struggle African-Americans went through in the US. Did white people go through struggle too? Did Native Americans? Hispanics? Asians? If there was a White History Month, a strong majority of those supporting BHM would be against and possibly protest it. All the month truly does is protest racism.

Jtevans70 says2017-02-26T13:04:19.237
I'm always reminded of just how messed up the world is. Every year without fail, at least two to three very perturbed and ignorant persons will ask me, "why do black people need to have a whole month to celebrate their history; no one else gets a whole month to celebrate their history..."

The questioning is truly telling of who the person is and what they really think of black Americans, because "Black History Month" is only "28 days long" actually making it the shortest nationanally celebrated heritage month for any group of Americans.

Here are other national celebrations of Americans heritage, on average lasting 31 days long:

March (31 days)
Women's History Month
Greek-American Heritage Month
Irish-American Heritage Month

April (30 days)
Sikh Heritage Month

May (31 days)
Asian & Pacific American Heritage Month
Jewish American Heritage Month
Haitian Heritage Month

June (30 days)
Gay Lesbian Pride Month
Caribbean-American Heritage Month

September 15 - October 15 (31 days)
Hispanic-Latino Heritage Month

October (31 days)
Italian-American Heritage Month
German-American Heritage Month
Polish-American Heritage Month
Filipino-American History Month
Muslim Heritage Month

November (30 days)
Native-American Indian Heritage Month
Alaskan Native Heritage Month

Oddly, none of these other group of celebrated American heritage gets that same questioning of being too long nor told it's unimportant and irrelevant...