• Students rank 36th in the US

No doubt, without education during the summer, students will fall behind even more! We should be at the top in education but instead we are behind. Other countries already have longer school days AND longer school years, and they rank high in education so why shouldn't we? By following their example, our country can become much more smarter.

• No breaks during the school year.

Do you remember the time when you had a week for thanksgiving and for Christmas, Since the summers are longer those breaks go away. Now we only have two to three days to spend our holidays. It might just be me but I get tired of week after week after week of no breaks from school. I NEED MY BREAKS.

• Yes, we should have a shorter break!!!!!

I think that student's should have a shorter break because then kids will not forget the thing that they learned in the previous years, and then they will be prepared for the years to come. Also year- round schooling could be something that the parents of some student's who tend to forget what they learned should consider, because then they will have a shorter summer break and the wont just be sitting around doing nothing while they have a shorter break they will be learning, and then they won't be bored over the long period of time, which is summer.

• Yes! Students can fall behind from a long summer of no learning.

Summer breaks are great and yes students do need a break from school, but 3 months is too long. Students tend to forget the things they have learned after a long summer of no learning. It can also be hard for students to get back into the school routine. Also, the long summers can have stress on parents as well because they have to keep you occupied and if they work, during the week days they will have to find some place where you can go.

• YES!!! Academics!! Shorter!!!

Kids lose academic knowledge over the summer and we need more school days. A study done says that parents spend $16.6 BILLION dollars on summer activities. WE NEED shorter summer breaks!!! Btw, this is coming from a 5th grader. That shows that kids want it too. Did you ever wonder how Asian people are so smart? In 1st grade, I researched China and they go to school from 7 AM to 5 PM. In Japan, they don’t do any academics until around 3rd grade. Then they go into hardcore learning.

• We should have a Shorter Summer

We should have a shorter summer. I think this, because kids already have enough break as they need. They have Saturday and Sunday! If they have vacation, well too bad! Some kids have vacations, during school. Family times could be made up during the weekends. By the way, I am only 10 years old, so don't listen to me. REALLY.

• Fyitgbyhjinkmnbytrfdwsggr huhub uhb

Yg8yuvbuyboubhunijjnijnrfinriuenfiurnfiunreiufnriunfirhnfiujebe huyfheuf funcief dufnbue fuf efef9iuhf fifj fbd fihnd fhbdjf e fhbf f eine fb ehubfe nf n nf f iebfejhff fnmufnjf fjebnf fhej fuihf9ijffjif foijrfjnf f fjnfjkfbf foijfojfijfojfoijf ffoifijofijoiff fjofjifojoifjoif ffoifjrf fnff f f f f f f fjnfoijfijfr nfrb fjfrijnf f fbfijfniofig bfnf f nfiujefnf ffbfjfyfn g vf ffjfinfinf

• Summer break should be shorter!!!!

We spend one fourth of the year remembering what we forgot over summer break. If summer break is shortened, we can spend our time learning new things. Students can fall behind. Summer break causes confusion and stress for parents, which is bad because they should be helping thier kids. I think if summer break was shorter, it would benefit everyone.

• Loneliness of the children

If a kid has almost no friends, and is just hanging with his parents all summer, he might want to go back to school to actually be able to talk with other people in the class, or if the kid has lots of friends, but none of them are around in summer, he might want to go back to school to play with them!

• Sd.Dkj nkdjf lku bk

Me and my bro Elijah think there should be longer breaks and a shorter summer. F f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f fk uh sj j, fvk bvkjfd bvku fkj kub ev

• Give those kids their summer!

I believe the children need that time off during the summer just like we had as children to enjoy their time as CHILDREN. I think it's unfair to deprive them of their summer free of homework and school responsibilities! They will have all their adult lives to work all year round. Let the kids be kids. It's healthy. School is stressful. More school also equals more bullying, more peer pressure etc. What child wants to be exposed to that all year. With all the suicide rates due to bullying, I can see now that this will do easy more damage than good. Not to mention the stress students in college have from their assignments. That's way too much. They need a break. Give it to them!

• Give those kids their summer!

I believe the children need that time off during the summer just like we had as children to enjoy their time as CHILDREN. I think it's unfair to deprive them of their summer free of homework and school responsibilities! They will have all their adult lives to work all year round. Let the kids be kids. It's healthy. School is stressful. More school also equals more bullying, more peer pressure etc. What child wants to be exposed to that all year. They need a break. Give it to them!

• Because we dont

We don’t need shorter summer longer summers we do not need people to say that we need shorter summer we need longer summer because we need to be free we need to make money ourselves we need to have fun we don’t need more school and that’s that like this

• No!!! I say NO!!!!!!!

No we should not because typically we have 4 mouths of summer and then if we had a shorter summer that means that we would only have 2 mouths instead of 4. Other people might say that we should well i disagree with that very strongly! If you agree like this comment.

• Kids should not have shorter summer breaks.

Kids have more than half of the year at schools. I am also a student that loves summer break and feels it should stay the same. Kids have too go to school each day and I don’t think it should be longer than it is right now. I agree with this.

• We Should Have A LONGER Summer Break!!!

As a student, I can say that we should absolutely not have a shorter summer break. As a matter of fact, because of how long the school week is and how much work I have, I am almost ALWAYS stressed out and unhappy. Also, if anything, I would prefer a LONGER summer break because summer is pretty much the only time of the year that I feel actually happy and stress-free. The entire school system is messed up, and it needs to be fixed. Summer break should be longer, period.

• I say we should

We need a long break to relax our minds . We might even learn more and as children we need to have time to relax instead of only doing work .Some children might even learn more,it also gives children a chance to play and have fun like they obviously should 👎

• Like bruh who doesnt want a long beak

We need a long break with family and friends. And this WILL nor apply to every school and if there's a family event you wont be able to go with all different schedules. WE NEED THIS TIME OFF TO HAVE A GOOD TIME AND PLAY VIDEO GAMES AND SPORTS CAUSE PEOPLE NEED MORE EXERCIZE

• We need longer summers

We need more freedom as kids and spend more time with our families and to spend more time in the sun and not just spend more time at that boring school that no one likes we need to have fun and maybe go to the pool and have more fun

• Because that's the most only time people get to see their parents which is during the summer expecially because they may live far away

Wjifuygqyqekfbhdbeqhjnm,sndcshzxujzbcnmv den rvmdfryguythetheyyr vhf yyhyurjhb hhubugvuhu8 yrgfufby jvf ybf yv bhh vgg bhdv hbv fgggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiii i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i ii ii ii i ii

>