• Improper Phrasing Has Brought us Here

War over religion is only acceptable it is for defense when you are being oppressed other then at, it is foolish. So it is both YES and NO. If you attack someone just because of their religion it is horrifying and immoral. I'm in the yes section for defensive war only

• Right to Believe

Before I explain myself, let me just say that the question is very vague to begin with. A "War over Religion" can mean several things. It can mean:

-Two sovereign societies going to war just because they have different religions
    -A war over freedom of religion
    -A war where one side uses religion as an excuse when there are really very different causes behind the curtain

The way the question is worded: "Should we have war over religion" suggests the first case in which "Should" we declare war on another society just because we disagree with their religion? I do not believe this is what the question is asking and everyone here is welcome to disagree with me, but I live in America where there is no state religion and this question would be completely irrelevant if asked by the first case expressed.

By this point you are probably wondering why I am not on the 'NO' side, so let me answer this question in the terms I will set for myself. "Should we have [DEFENSIVE] war over religion?"
    Of course!
    War can be defensive or offensive by definition, and the 'NO' side has failed to acknowledge that. I'm seeing a lot of 'war doesn't do anything' which is bull crap. Are you saying America joining WW2 was pointless? And I am also seeing some very broad opinions on 'I think all war is bad so therefore wars over religion are evil' which is ironic because you are expressing your very right to have opinions and beliefs which would not be allowed in a society with no free speech and no free religion.
    Defensive wars over the right to free religion are 100% justifiable and if someone were holding a gun to my head and telling me I can't believe what I believe I would fight back. Therefore if one kind of war over religion is justifiable this very unspecific, vague question is justifiable as 'YES'.

• Let them believe.

Tho I do not support attacking people for religious beliefs, that does not mean that others won't. These people should be protected so going to war against those that oppress them is justified. Just because I'm atheist does not mean I think that people should not have freedom of religion.

• No no no

Some of the Problems with Dating...

Dating promotes lust and moderate sexual activity, opening the door for fornication.

Dating develops a self-centered, feeling-oriented concept of love.

Dating creates a permanent endorphin-bond between two people who will not spend their lives together.

Dating teaches people to break off difficult relationships, conditioning them more for divorce than marriage.

Dating develops an appetite for variety and change, creating dissatisfaction within marriage.

Dating lacks the protections and guidance afforded by parental involvement of courtship.

Dating doesn't prepare children to face "life's realities"

Dating devalues sex and marriage.

Dating leads to intimacy but not necessarily to commitment.

Dating tends to skip the "friendship" stage of a relationship.

Dating often mistakes a physical relationship for love.

Dating often isolates a couple from other vital relationships.

Dating, in many cases, distracts young adults from their primary responsibility of preparing for the future.

Dating can cause discontentment with God's gift of singleness.

Dating creates an artificial environment for evaluating another person's character.

• Religion is love.

Every religion is only about love. There is no hate in any religion. Wars over religion are reckless ventures with serious consequences. No one should experience war. Religion wars are pure manipulation by political leaders who take advantage of human loyalty and affiliation to religion in order to create "justified" cause for wars. This is highly immoral.

• Religions Do Not Teach War

1st, I do not agree with wars. It does not really solve anything, both parties will get damaged anyway. It also does not really stick up for relevant matters anymore once the war starts, the parties involved will only want to show they are the most powerful.

2nd, religion is not something to be contested with one another. There may be oppression from a certain religion on another, but war and violence is absolutely not the best way to defend your religion. I am sure no religion teaches about war and violence.

• Absolutely not, religion is one idea that must be kept personal

Imagine if I possess "firmly held beliefs" about a unicorn or something along those lines. Would it be right to go to war over that? No! No such belief, including religion, is worth fighting for - even if such beliefs are good. And bad beliefs should be removed not by the sword but by the pen.

• War never wins

Religion is a set of beliefs that one cannot prove. To fight at all simply shows weakness. War won’t go anywhere because the world believes death is the answer for all differences. Even if you look at atheism it is a set of beliefs. One way or another, we all offend people because this has gone on for years. Society is accepting this as normal to survival. War isn’t the answer but it’s necessary. If you don’t defend, you lose your life. It’s not that you want to defend but you have to. Good has bad as it’s opposites-remember opposites attract, and have bad reactions. Religion has killed almost all humanity and it’s going to continue to be that way until the end of time. This is all temporary as when you die, you believe differently than the rest of the world. You fight to live. Fighting isn’t wanted, but without the army,marines,navy,air force etc. we wouldn’t be here. This world would’ve been cooked way before now. Thank a veteran, appreciate them and really try to picture what they have seen,why they fought,and what was lost from their live. They are true hero’s,and deserve the upmost respect. Defense is necessary and all I hope is humanity can come together to realize change is needed before it is too late. We need good power for good leadership and always remember that good people can do bad because they have to, not want to. As they say, life isn’t fair and you gotta fight, as each year we will continue to get worse. I’m sorry but it’s true, and everyone knows it

• Declaration of Independence

"We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness." This one sentence answers the whole question. Let's break it down, shall we?

"We hold these Truths to be self-evident..."

These truths are obvious and do not need to be explained. Everybody should already know this.

"...That all Men are created equal..."

All humans (not just men, guys!!!! This means women, too!!!!) have the same rights as each other. Nobody should deserve to be more privileged than another person.

"...That they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

There are keys words there. THEIR CREATOR. As in, many people believe in a higher being (and some people don't, which is totally fine!) but different groups of people believe in a different higher being. There is more than one Creator, people!

"...That among these are Life..."

People should be able to live the way that they want to. They deserve to make their own choices without someone standing over their shoulder telling them they're wrong. Christianity itself does not harm people who are not Christian! Buddhism itself does not harm people who are not Buddhist, and so on! There is nothing wrong with the religion; it is simply a different belief.

"...Liberty..."

Liberty is defined as "the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views." Um, that sounds like it includes religion to me!

"...And the pursuit of Happiness."

If believing in a certain god or deity makes a person happy, then they should be allowed to do so. But if that does make someone happy, then being forced to convert to another religion or to not be religious altogether will have the opposite effect.

In conclusion - people deserve to choose their religion and people with different religions should try to get along. Even the Declaration of Independence says so.

• What will you gain from war?

What is your purpose of fighting? Is it just cause you think you are superior over the other, or you think that one religion is wrong? Well we all have opinions and its not like we are denying the fact that there is another side, but this arguement is pointless, why want a war? Why agree to war? Many people die cause of war, and you are saying that fighting, just because of one thinking more superior of one's attribute; religion, skin colour, country of origin- we should not take this as an excuse to start war. The first question to ask yourself is, why do you want to find an excuse to start ww3, wasnt 1 and 2 enough? Why start war on your beliefs? Arent your beliefs against fighting?

• Believe what you want to believe, but don't attack other people with it

Believe what you want to believe, but don't attack other people with it. You have the right to have religion but you have NO RIGHT AT ALL to attack other people, to have a war over RELIGION is just beyond anyone to ask this question is just plain dumb*ss dumb

• No to war!!!!

War doesn't solve anything all it does is create an even bigger conflict between the two opponents. Feel free to argue with my point of view, but as a Muslim and everything I've learned we should not have a war over religion.
    It is definitely pointless to put other peoples lives at risk over something that should be debated about.

• No!! Something like this is extremely dangerous , think about all the possible things that could happen

No!! Something like this is extremely dangerous , think about all the possible things that could happen

If we all had a war over religion half of earth's population would die , especially those of Islamic and Christian faiths. People have the right to be whatever religion they want and there is no "right" or "wrong" religion because it depends on you ( - what is right for you). People will always be true to their culture and religion no matter what and having a war over it won't be easy or solve any issues at all. I bet you didn't think of this!!: There are many pagan religions like Voodoo , Satanism Witchcraft and many other demonic religions , if we had a war of religion these people would most likely win and take over the world. Who knows what these people would do to us , especially the Satanist?
    These type of people posses power that is way more powerful then people just bending down on their knees to pray , people like this are powerful enough of take over the whole entire world or other world(s) , if all the pagans of the world got together during this "Religion War" they have a very good chance of taking out all who are not pagan and take over the world and create a world of all pagans.

Debating_Horse says2017-12-29T03:12:40.893
People killing each other over religion? That's retarded and plain dumb!
>