• We need to keep confederant statues

If we get rid of the statues then we are trying to erase our nations past and to do so would be our nations downfall for if we do not learn from the mistakes of our forefathers then we our doomed to make the same mistakes as them this is my argument

• Honor their service.

The war was about more than just slavery. For a long time, The north and south had very different views on a number of topics. It would be like if the predominate democrat states today wanted to separate from the rest. Fact is, The majority of people in the south didn't even own slaves so it's not like that could be the only cause. In the end, They fought bravely for their side but lost.
    In Washington D. C. We have a statue called The Three Soldiers that commemorates the men who fought and died in the Vietnam War. Should we get rid of it too because they lost or do they deserve to be honored?

• The Statues admire people by signifying their existence, Even if they are dead.

The statues might as well serve as a giant history book, It unveils the history of who was on this earth and who we significantly cared about.
    The statues also serve for letting us know how important a person was like Martin Luther king jr. He was the one who stopped segregation.

• We would just repeat it if we didn't.

If we removed the statues and all of the facts from history books then its going to repeat. But like fashion or trends they come back. Maybe the world will end before then but if we do remove the statues and it happens we won't have anything to look back on like; who were the heroes and who was the enemy? So how could we solve the problems again when they happen. We might think that "oh, That we so horrible that it could never happen again" but here's the thing it will maybe not soon but it will. I understand that it was a dark history and it was horrible. But the event happened almost 160 years ago. If we accept it as a part of history and don't make a main focus in our life the results might be beneficial instead if tragic.

• Yes e e

The world we live in. It's so. . . Wonderous. Mysterious. Even magical. No. . . No no no. . Not that world. I meant this one. The smartphone. Each system and program app is it's own little planet of perfect. Technology. All providing services so necessary, So crucial, So unbelievably profound. Look who just sent me a text! Addie mccallister? It must be a mistake. Or a joke. Or a scam! Don't send her your social security number. She's right there! That's our user, Alex. And, Like every freshman in high school, His whole life, Everything, Revolves around his phone. And, Because the pace of life gets, Faster and faster. . . Phones down in five. And attention spans get shorter and shorter. . . And. . . You're probably not even listening to me right now. Who has the time to type out actual words? And that's where we come in. The most important invention in the history of communication! Emo gees. That's my home! Textopolis. Here, Each of us does one thing, And we have to nail it every time. Christmas tree just has to stand there, All festive. Merry christmas! It's still september, Tim! And princesses. . . I am so pretty. They just gotta wear their crowns and keep their hair comb. We are so pretty. Devil, Poop, Thumbs up, They just show up and they're good to go. But for the faces, The pressure is on. Cryer always has to cry, Even if he just won the lottery. Hurray, I'm a millionaire! Laugher's always laughing, Even if he's just broken his arm. Ahh! Ah! I can see the bone! Ah ah ah ah ah. . . And me, I'm a meh. So i gotta totally be over it all the time, You know? Like meh, Who cares. Which is not as easy as it sounds. I gotta be mehhhhhhhhh i GOTTA! Be! Mehhhhhhhhh morning misses D, I see you have the little minis with ya! Oh, They're so. . . Cute! NYAH, SO ADORABLE, I CAN'T TAKE IT! I WILL NEVER GET THEM TO SLEEP! STICK TO YOUR ONE FACE, WEIRDO. OLE! OLE! OH NO! OH NO! It's hard to only act blasé. When, Living in textopolis is. . . . Just so exciting! Hah low good simeans! Those ah some shalp attach shays! Yes, Well we have business to attend to. Whot kind off business? Monkey business. Ha ha ha ha, I sounded british. Meh. . . Oh, That was really good. . Meh? Meh. . . Meh ha ha. . . What the freak ya doing there, Mate? Practicing. Today is my first day on the phone. Oh, Droit. I'm gonna be so. . Meh. What are you going to do? Blah! Me and the boys are gonna throw ourselves on the barbie! Woo! Puh-zow! Gooday, Mate! Hey, Koh knee chee wah! Sorry emote icons! Oh, I hate knocking over the elderly. . Let me help, Let me help. . . Oh, My colon! Ducks. . . Hey, Is that the time? HEY, My eyes are up here, Pal!

• Jkljskljdkjdlasj;kl fwfwf eedd

Askljdkljd;oiwejiofjweiofjo fiwjefiojifojewoifj peiowj eoijfweiojf iejwfij eiowjf oej fiej eioj feoij fioej eowpae jdapodj ijfo awijoijen cn uidnc ui nc uinweuwicn wifo ef iueiufh uwaifhiu ehff r frb frb f rfrb fb rrhf frhr fhekb h rh frejh fh rfh ej fhrjf h jf jrh fhfj rf jhr fjhr frjh f g trger frfdssd sds dsd

• We need to keep confederant statues

• We don't need slavery to still remember that it was part of our history.

Taking down confederate statues does not "erase our history. " Like the confederate flag, These statues stand for nothing good. The South fought to keep their system of slavery in place, And these statues were put up originally to honor Southern leaders who believed in it. How would you feel if you were persecuted for being Jewish during the Holocaust and there were still swastikas displayed and glorified everywhere?

• It is inappropriate

Pqouwerf qrueh qpwour qwouefh qpwuoe fhpqwue fhqwpouefh qwpouefh pqwe fw efqp woeufh qpwuefh qpweufh pwqeufh qpwefhu pqweufh qpwefuh qpweu fhqweh fupqwefh pqowuefh pqoweufh qwouefh qpwuoefhqwe fqwe fhq wepfoqwu fhqweuf hqwehf qwepouf hqweh pfqwhe fpqweuifh qpweufh qpwieufhqp weoufhqpweuofhqpowuefh pquowefhpqiuowefh pqwuoefh qpwefuo hqwef pouqwehf opqwuefhpuoqefwh oqwefh pqwoeufh pqowuefh qpwoeufh qpweuoifh qpouwiefhpqiuwefhpqowiuefhpqwuoefh qopiwuefh

• It's a dark past + removing wouldn't constitute historical erasure.

A good analogy is this: would you support Germany putting up statues of Hitler? It's their history - but it's a dark one. In the same fashion, Most confederate statues represent horrible things that happened in their past - it's literally representing another COUNTRY that tried to BREAK AWAY FROM AMERICA/THE UNION to support SLAVERY. Historical erasure isn't the issue - the civil war is one of the most well-documented events of American history, But should we be celebrating those on the opposing side that also supported slavery?