• Earth will soon exhaust resources

The future of the Earth's resources will be exploited to fulfill much of human life's needs and lives, But no matter what, There will be days of exhaustion, No more earths and people will wither. Plants will also die. As for the environment, It will not be able to clean up the atmosphere, Everything will become chaotic.

• I'm leaning towards this side...

I'm kind of on both sides of this argument, though I'm leaning towards this side. It is much better than ocean mining because that endangers the environment. Plus, people might say it's dangerous, but it is only dangerous to life. There is such thing as robots. Plus, there are many valuable minerals on asteroids, along with water.

• I'm leaning towards this side...

• I'm leaning towards this side...

• I'm leaning towards this side...

• I'm leaning towards this side...

• Space mining/asteroid mining will be better for the human economy.

Asteroid mining is most popular for what we can get from them. The asteroids could provide platinum (used for cars and cell phones), palladium (used for same things, harder and stronger), water (broken into hydrogen and oxygen molecules to form rocket fuel). Asteroid mining can provide different sources of life, meaning, the rocket fuel we get from the water, can for fill our dreams of finding other life, and finding another place to build the humans economy.

• I'm kind of leaning towards this side...

• The UN says we can't

According to part 1 of the united nations treaty of outer space section A. Treaty on Principles Governing the Activities of States in the Exploration and Use of Outer Space, including the Moon and Other Celestial Bodies, “The exploration and use of outer space, including the Moon and other celestial bodies, shall be carried out for the benefit and in the interests of all countries, irrespective of their degree of economic or scientific development, and shall be the province of all mankind.” so, unless you are a firm believer in the trickle-down theory of economics, asteroid mining,

• No we shouldn't

If NASA mines asteroids, that can be dangerous. If a robot lands on an asteroid near Earth, it could change the orbit of the asteroid and can hit Earth. Earth has the minerals and we don't need to go to space for that.
    Asteroids are continually moving so it would be nearly impossible or very hard to mine. How much time would it take for NASA just to go to space, mine, and then come back on Earth? Plus that there is no gravity in space? Not worth it. It would take too many resources for a robot to go to space and come back.

• No we shouldn't

• We should not mine asteroids

Asteroid mining is too much of a risk. We should not asteroid mine because it is really dangerous for the humans or robots that are doing the mining, only the wealthy can mine asteroids, and it is a useless waste of money. It is really dangerous because there could be toxic gases in the asteroid. The asteroids could also blow up or the oxygen tanks could run out of oxygen. Only the wealthy can mine in asteroids because it takes millions of dollars to make all the equipment, make the ship to get them to an asteroids, and to bring all of the materials they collected back to earth. And it is a useless waste of money because you using millions of dollars to get there and back to mine materials when there are already materials back on earth. The millions of dollars used to mine asteroids could of been given to the poor, homeless, or to protect endangered species. Overall I think that the human race should not start asteroid mining.

• We should not mine asteroids

• Asteroid mining is dangerous and not may people will be able to do it

Asteroid mining is very dangerous for a couple reasons. First of all it is awfully dangerous to mine on earth nonetheless mining in space. Even if we did send robots up to mine for us, that would take a lot of extra money. Another reason I have is that we don't know what is up on those asteroids. There could be explosive gases or dangerous materials that could be lethal. They could cling on to the suits or robots and contaminate the earth. My third reason is that It is highly expensive. It takes a lot more money to travel to space and to pay for robots then to mine on earth. I know a lot of people who voted that we should mine asteroids might say that if we mine on earth that we will destroy or pollute the earth. I disagree, Scientist's and presidents are already trying to fight and save the planet. Again I think that we should not mine asteroids because it is dangerous and not many people will be able to do it.

• No asteroid mining!

Asteroid mining is too much of a risk. Asteroid mining gambles with people's lives. Think about it! It is risky enough to mine on Earth. You could hack into anything. Even if you succeed, you could bring explosive gases or dangerous objects back to Earth. Asteroid mining is not worth it.

• No asteroid mining!

• I'm leaning towards this side...

• I'm leaning towards this side...

>