• It is an essential language

In today's world, more people than ever speaks a romance language. By learning the basics of Spanish ( a romance language) you are then able to travel and communicate with everyone else that has learned a romance language. Most of the time if you say something in Spanish in Italy, they would still understand what you are trying to say.

• Si, estudiantes necessita.

La clase de espanol es muy interesante para estudiantes de estados unidos. Soy americano y yo aprender espanol. Ahora, hablo un poco de espanol.

Translation: Spanish class is very interesting for students from the United States. I am American and I learn Spanish. Now, I speak a little bit of Spanish.

• Yes, yes, yes

My elementary school provided a bilingual classes. I learned Spanish and English until 5th grade. I am fluent in both languages so I can speak, read, write, and understand both languages. They’re a really useful in the U.S. And also kids have better chances to get a job considering that they speak two languages. I am now leaning Italian as my 3rd language in school. Very helpful for our future

• Yes we should

Take Spanish classes because you could be bilingual and you would get more likely accepted in jobs for being able to speak to two languages and if everybody in the world learned it then you could really talk to anybody in the world if you wanted to that would be awesome.

• Yes it should!

It is proven that you can get more $$$ if you are bilingual. So, in order for Americans to be able to speak different languages, we need to give them a resource and a set plan to be able to speak the different languages. In Florida, I believe it said there were more Hispanic people than Americans, so we need to communicate with those other than our race.

• Yes, Please just read the following :)

I think we should be required to take Spanish classes because 81% of students don't end up doing what they had planned on doing. What if you end up being a missionary for your church group, and you want to go to a foreign country. You wouldn't have to take any more classes. Or if you end up being a translater... You might not have to take many more classes. Or, of you want to know Spanish just for the joy of it....... Thanks for listening to my reasons ;)

• In my opinion kids in all grades should learn how to speak Spanish.

Kids in all grades should take Spanish class because it is a popular language and it is easier according to other students. That is what I think.Also I think that Chinese wouldn't really Catch students minds or attention, and there is a lot of Spanish kids comping to English schools. So we know how to translate for the teachers.

• Students should be required to take Spanish classes in high school.

Yes because It will be the opportunity to learn the language for many people. In today's world, more people than ever speaks the Spanish language. By learning the basics of Spanish you are then able to travel and communicate with everyone else that has learned the Spanish language. Most of the time if you say something in Spanish, they would still understand what you are trying to say.

• Yes, for many more reason then I have listed...

Spanish will help land people land better jobs. People could be more open to their neighbors, and appreciate other cultures. America is now the 2nd largest country in the world that speaks Spanish, just recently passing Spain and Colombia. Its said that by 2050 America will be the largest Spanish speaking country in the world, which is saying something considering America's primary language is English.
    Yes, America is a melting pot of many different cultures, and languages, but Spanish is the most common language there is compared to the others. People should at least know the 2nd largest language in America. Kudos to them if they want to learn more languages.
    It is said that Spanish isn't that hard to learn and could very possibly improve your English skills , considering the similarities between the two languages. They both have Latin roots, and thousand of similar cognates. It is easier for people who speak English to speak Spanish, then it is for people who speak Spanish to speak English. English is known as the most difficult language to learn.
    If people who speak Spanish, really take pride in being in America, then they will try to learn English. People need to be understanding, English is hard, even for people who are fluent. Be proud of the people who can speak broken English, they are trying...

• Yes, Spanish should be required in the United States.

In the US there the majority spoken language is English. However, with our close neighbour, Mexico and the South American nations, a large portion of immigrants that can only speak Spanish are beginning to make up larger and larger parts of this country. I feel that students should be made to take Spanish or at least some form of foreign language, not only for the benefit of others, but as a great way to enrich the culture and understanding of that individual. With bilingual people in this country, acceptance and understanding would grow.

• Do they have to take english

Do they have to take ienglish in mexico? The awnser is no. So why should we have to learn their language in our country. I think we should be able to choose if we learn spanish if we want to not because it is requierd. That is my opinnion wether you like it or not.

• We are Americans !

Foreign language classes is not the issue, the issue is requiring it be Spanish. Our foundation is built on a melting-pot of cultures and not just one. We as a founding nation decided it would be English that would serve as our nation language. No other nation accommodate other speakers, to function in this country you must speak English not forced to learn another countries language.

• Keeping me off Honor roll

I am an A B grade student which would get me on the honor roll but I am miserable at Spanish. The highest grade I ever got was an 80. And that is in 3 years time. My average is 65 to 75, a failing grade. This is ruining my honor roll chances. If was optional then I would be on honor roll.

• We don't have to!!!!!

We don't "have to" required to take a Spanish class. Nonononononononononononoononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononnonononoononononononononononononnonononononononononononnononononononononoonononononononononononononnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooand lastly, William is stupid. He said he failed Spanish test today.LOL ha ha ha ha ha ah ha ha ah ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ah aha ah aha ah William Is stupid S T U P I D

• Spanish is not needed

Students should not be able to take Spanish classes because they should be able to take any class they want. Students wouldn't be that educated because what if they move to another country and they only know Spanish or English so yeah thats why some students should not take spanish ………..

• What about other languages

I am want to learn other languages like German and Italian because those language relate to my family but what are we stuck learning... Spanish. We don't care so we don't try and make the teachers feel bad. However if we had other foreign languages we would have choices and possibly do better

• No way ever

It is dumb and stupid makes no sense is a waste of time and money so no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• No no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• It is Forgetten

Even after taking Spanish for a long time, no one remembers it down the road. It is a waste of time and money. S p a n i s h i s a w a s t e o f t i m e. It is also hard and. Stupid

• Should be optional

Because they may not be interested in Spanish they they could want to speak German or Italian etc and etc and i they are bored they could act up and get in trouble plus there is little evidence of fluency 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

PlumberGirl123 says2014-07-18T23:01:52.727
Portuguese is what we should learn. It'd be more useful
>