• Why change it?

Letter grades are specific and efficient ways of grading students and they work just fine, so I honestly don’t think we need to change something that works like a charm! Letter grades are simple to write down, and the works Pass or Fail are less specific and much harder to write down.

• Yeet i agree

We do not forgivi we do not forgeti now get in the kitchen and make me spaghetti eat mt meme we do not forgivi we do not forgeti now get in the kitchen and make me spaghetti eat mt meme we do not forgivi we do not forgeti now get in the kitchen and make me spaghetti eat mt meme

• Grades are good

Although they are often not the most precise way to measure a particular student's progress in school, letter grades do serve an important role. Grades help both a student and his or her parents understand where the student's progress is compared with other students in his or her class, and give students something to strive for

• Letter grades are good for students

The traditional grading system is good for students in school because it is very easy for students, teachers, and parents to understand. Also, letter grades can determine whether or not you can go to a certain college or high school. Even though having a bad grade in certain classes may stress a student, the traditional grading system is very good because it can be an easy way to have a direct comparison between two or more students in a certain class.

• Grades are not good

I dont think grades are good because they are not good and no body likes thing that are not good so we need to stop grades because they arent good and like i said last time they are not good and kids get DEPRESSED when they get a bad grade

• Grades are not good

• Letter grades are important

Letter grades are one of the most important things. Some students may not be able to understand percentages and what they represent. I know I didn't know what percentage a D was before 3 weeks ago. Letters inspire kids to work harder. If they have a D, cool. They might want that D. If they don't they try harder.

• In favor of letter grades!

In my middle school, letter grades are used. In my opinion, I think that it using letter grades is much easier than using number grades. I think that letter grades are more accurate because if you get an A+ on a test, you know the EXACT percentage that you get. On the contrary, I think that when I used to get number grades, it only showed if the student was above average, at the standard, below standard.., etc. All in all, I think that letter grades are the best way to represent the way that grades are written in.

• Grades Are Important

Although they are often not the most precise way to measure a particular student's progress in school, letter grades do serve an important role. Grades help both a student and his or her parents understand where the student's progress is compared with other students in his or her class, and give students something to strive for.

• Grades Are Important

• Ya dun no

I mean there are facts and things but i wont list those cause facts are very borng and i dont need no man so im just typing for 21 more word can someone help me out i need somebody save me from my self WAJKE ME UP WWAKE ME UP INDIDE

• Grades are not good

• Grades are not good

• Grades are not good

• Grades are not good

• They lower self esteem

When you see a bad grade on your report card or an assignment of some sort, you have a choice to work harder or give up. Most kids they give up. Some kids (the A students) don't because there parent are to rich for bad grades. The other kids get depressed then they dont do there home then thats lower grades. It is a train wreck.

• Who's to judge?

The grading system may work in theoretical subjects like maths and physics, where students can make MEASURABLE mistakes. But in any subject that involves creativity, like languages of any kind, it must fall short, as there is no objective measure for quality. Would Hemingway get good grades for his works today? I guess not, because he propagated alcoholism. He would probably be sent to see the school's advisor.
    Shakespeare would fail English class, because of his over-elaborate, hard-to follow wordplays.
    Grades handed out by a teacher tell us only about the relationship between the teachers and their pupils. Grades should be substituted by a system of recommendations which career path to follow. This would mean true motivation, as there is always something to look forward to. And isn't that the reason school exists? To help young people decide a career path for them and give them the tools necessary to pursue it?

• Abolish Letter Grading System

I do not believe we should continue to use letter grades. For one, they lower a student's self esteem. We all have bad test days or a lot going on in our life at a specific time. Why add more stress for students to compete with one another. Instead, why not assess student's learning in a more meaningful way by having them reflect on progress they've made and areas that need improvement? This may be a much more tedious process for the student, but s/he would learn more and it would eliminate letter grads reinforcing the class divide and allow students to be more creative.

>