• If they want to why not! .

However! , Why anyone of either sex would want to become a priest is beyond me! . After witnessing the terrorism, Sexual abuse, Etc! Of recent times, Let alone the historic evidence of these things, I would think it would be enough to make anyone steer clear of religion altogether! . Not to mention the total lack of proof of any god of any description! . Blind faith doesn't do it for me, That's just stupidity! .

• 1st century women converts restricted due to their high status in the wide-spread pagan religions.

The Apostle Paul had to battle the pagan teaching that was constantly seeping into the church. Also, the trouble that was brought to him by those who made their profit off of these religions.

The problem that Paul had with these former pagan temple priestesses was that they were the leaders in their religion. They taught that the creator was female and created the human female before the male. The Roman military leaders would consult with these priestesses before they would go into battle. The priestesses ecstatic utterances were believed to be the creator speaking through her.
    Those in the church could tell the new converts from pagan temples because the women would have their hair cropped short, or, if they were worshippers of Adonis, depending on the time of year, they would have shaved heads in their mourning of him. The male temple prostitutes would have let their hair grow long.

Since this is not occurring in this day and age, it should be obvious that these prohibitions against women are to be no longer in force.

• Why shouldn't they

I'm not religious but I don't see why men should be pastors and women should not. Leadership does not come with sex/chromosomes. Religion is not a set thing, if it can not be interpreted in more than one perspective it doesn't include all of those 'god' created. Theres no good reason for women not to be pastors.

• Allahu Ackabar Inshallah

Yes, speaking as a Christian. One of the best pastors I have ever had was a woman. She was headstrong, and loyal to the kids she taught. She was driven from our church by the lead pastor for daring to have the same credentials as him, and therefore be able to challenge his scripture interpretations.

• Men and women are equal.

Of course women should be allowed to be pastors. I'm not Christian, but I know that women and men should have equal rights. Women are just as able to do things as well as men can do them. The body parts we have shouldn't effect how we do things. Women are just like men.

• They're equal but that's irrelevant.

If you aren't a christian I'd recommend not giving opinions without the full facts. In their religion it was outlined that men were to take the lead and related to the belief in which man was first created and women for him. You may disagree with that, and that's whatever. But the matter of the fact is people join this religion because they agree with such principles.
    In simple terms, it's like me welcoming you into my house- setting down the simple rule of not rearranging my furniture because I believe it should be arranged like that. And you flipping my fucking couch cause "we're all equal".

>