Should you sacrifice your life to save someone else's?

• You don't have to want to die to sacrifice youself.

I am a full-time EMT and a volunteer Firefighter. I have based my life around helping others. In my opinion any Firefighter(or EMT) who won't put it all on the line to make sure everyone goes home does not belong in the brotherhood(this goes for police and military as well). However make no mistake I just as willing to take a life. I got my CCW(concealed weapon permit) not really protect me, but the people around me. I hope I never even have to draw my weapon, but in the end if need arises I will without hesitation. I'm not afraid to die, because I have made peace with the world. I have seen so much pain, suffering and death. I help people so they may have a happier(because better is subjective) life than I did.(just a note I am 21 years old at the time of writing this) I also need to say I'm willing to do near suicidal acts to help/save people. If you have not picked up on this my propose in life is to help others. In summary do I want to die, no. Would a give my life to save someone even a total stranger, in a heartbeat.

• Always do it to save others

If there is any need for self sacrifice.If it's the way of saving others in a dire situation I would do it gladly.Sacrificing yourself for helping other people is a bliss you will only experience once and it has a feeling that is indescribable. Sacrificing yourself to help others this is how the heroes have always done the work it's the way for making the world better

• No second thoughts

Sometimes, I feel like my life has no meaning to it, that I'm not of worth to anyone. And that's ok. I will live my life protecting others, and I'll die protecting others as well. Just because I lead a miserable life, doesn't mean others have to as well. I've considered myself dead since a long time ago. This life is merely a vessel for me to fulfill my ideals, that is to protect the people around me. Even if I am to die protecting someone I cherish, I'd do it with a smile on my face.

• I will for anyone

What is the meaning to life?! I would take a knife to the heart to save the ones i love, including my friends, i don't want to see my best friend taking a bullet for me, it would be too painful to watch....I don't want to be seen as someone who watched their friend die!

• Life has no value.

My life has no value. I live, eat, listen, breath but there is no meaning in it. Thing that makes life precious is love. And person whom i love has a cancer. And i would do everything to save her. Even the final sacrifice- life for life. But there is nothing i can do. I cant cure her.

• If the situation calls for it yes.

Life in general in precious, there is too much hate and anger in the world. There needs to be some good in the world. So yes I would and have risk my life to save a total stranger, if I lost my life to save another then I'd die a happy man. Hopefully that person lives to make a difference in the world.

• For a loved one.

I would absolutely forfeit my life for my wife and she would do the same for me. When I love someone, there's nothing I wouldn't do for them. It was the same when I was in the army. If I went to combat, I would've gladly laid down my life to save my brothers in arms.

• Yes, I do believe sacrificing is normal in everyday life.

I do believe sacrificing is in everyday life, a example could be Jesus dying on the cross, he died for his people and to meet his father God in heaven. A contemporary issue could be the story of the man who fell into the tube tracks, a man jumped down saved his life and nearly died himself.

• It's the right thing to do

I believe sacrificing yourself is the correct and humane thing to do, whether it is for a stranger or a loved one. Isn't this what we want and are always striving for? A world where everyone cares for each other is one I would definitely want to find myself in.

• Only when it feels right to do so.

I am honest with you people. Doing something so amazingly heroic and selfless is reserved for people who you have a strong connection to. Only with THOSE people can you, yourself, judge if you feel right about it.
    Would I push a stranger away from a train, knowing I might die? Hell no, I would be afraid as all hell and I don't even know if that was a good person I saved.
    Would I push my beloved Sarah, the woman I want to mary in the future, away from the train, feeling no fear and knowing I will die with a smile on my face because I know she will live on? Yes. Yes I would.

• No, Life is important

What's the point of being born if you can sacrifice your life anyway. It is really unfair to sacrifice your own precious life. Life is the most important thing in the world. This might seem a bit selfish but your own life is valuable as the person your sacrificing for.

• Why should I die to save another's life? Isn't my life just as valuable as theirs?

In a lot of action movies, there is one character who sacrifices his or her life to save another. We then ask ourselves, "Would I do the same thing if I were that character?" I never had answered yes to the question. I know I would try my best to survive rather than being a hero by saving others. You might say this is not a thing to be proud of- I am quite sure that some would think this is a shame. However, I don't think the same. Why should I die to save another's life? Isn't my life just as valuable as theirs?

• You are not obligated to sacrifice yourself; the choice is yours and yours alone.

The question is wrong; it should be "would." We are not given the task of saving others because, really, we are all alike. We can't save anyone without losing ourselves in the process, and even if we try, it is not guaranteed that we can succeed. We say it's the effort that counts, and I agree, but the question is just wrong. Overall, the sacrificing your life for others is your decision to make and only yours to make.

• No never

One's life is more precious than anything else in the world. Would losing that other person in your life be so life changing that you absolutely cannot live without them? We are not born to give up our lives for the sake of other people, but to live, be fed, and feed ourselves to our superior in the food chain.

• In The Heat Of The Moment

Think about it, You are sitting at home, You hear a scream, You rush into the room and you see a loved one with a gun at their head. The only way to save them is to take a bullet for them, What would you do? Right now you would probably think of the noble thing, Of sacrificing yourself, But in the heat of the moment, You'll realise that it's pointless because your life is also precious, No matter how much you love them, By sacrificing yourself they will lose someone they deeply care about, They will have to live with the pain of knowing that you sacrificed yourself for them. The pain of living without the person they love the most, Would be a thousand times worse than being dead.

• Your life is just as important

Why should I sacrifice my own life to save someone else's? My life is just as important. And there's a chance that even if you save them they will still die. It may seem selfish but a human's main purpose is to survive. This is natural and if people see this as inhumane so be it, But it's your life.

• Not a crime to live

It might sound a bit selfish but it is not a crime to want to live. We all are trying to survive in this cruel world so why can't we have greed to live a life. They say that everyone is born for a reason but not everyone's reason is sacrificing their lives.

• Not a crime to live

It might sound a bit selfish but it's not a crime to want to live. We all are trying are best to survive in this cruel world then why can't we have have greed to live a life. It's always said that everyone is born for a reason but everyone's reason is not sacrificing their lives.

• No obligation in saving someone

It is quite stupid to sacrifice your life for somebody else. We live in a world engulfed by evil and rage. Not all people will be grateful or for what you did for them. Should you sacrifice your life for an ungrateful person and inadvertently give them a second chance in life? Think about it very carefully.

• Filler text here

F I L L E R T E X T H E R E

Only life that matters is you. Your life is all you have. Why would you save a person, Who you don't even know if they have a conscious, Tolost all you have? Make sense? ? ?