• That is trur

Students failure is not teacher responcibility. The failer is very dangerous because it is destroy the world. When students are not understand the teacher that time teacher is not responsibl so we can blam the students. Child will adpt this same sentiment. Chidren think that they know every thing and they not lessen to the teacher

• We need to think critically for ourselves.

I think we have all encountered those "bad" teachers. I have found that ones rated really low I've actually quite enjoyed. It is all a matter of how you think and your learning methods. I could get started into the educational systems we have in place and how working within a system that doesn't pay well or even provide adequate supplies while still demanding high test scores over creating an actual curriculum that is helpful can impact a teacher over time but that is a whole other topic to discuss. In a much more meta sense I feel that if we are inclined to truly learn and grow as people, We need to take the responsibility to educate ourselves and find sources of education that are vetted and are not just being taught to test. We need to learn all sides, Even the ugly ones (since we are fortunate enought to not have censorship in the US), And establish our own thoughts and ideas. We cannot hold anyone else responsible for what we end up learning, As we will have the ability to think critically.

• Yes I am not some robot with no life.

I had one very stuck up professor. Said the same thing. You are the only reason you fail. Just work harder and you will get better grades. Gave us hard coursework and made us do 10 page reports each week. I hated that class with a passion. And to make matters worse there were these pretentious students that made it their mission to rub their grades in my face, And would say that its all hard work.
    Even though I know they lifted the answer from previous students and that they all did homework in a group, And absorbed all of the professors office hours. I always saw chugging energy drinks and never sleeping listening to headphones on full volume.
    I had to work a job and take of sick mother and I was broke all of the time. I could not even buy a cup of coffee and I was hungry most of the time. And then they have the nerve to tell me to work harder (calling me lazy) and to stop sleeping (even though you need sleep) and to ignore my family for 5 years because they never want you to graduate in time for a useless piece of paper. That might be worthless.
    I made made my choice that day and I dropped out of college.
    I will never go back

• My turn I have some hate

Dumb chemistry teacher. Spent the whole day talking about his life and his wife and their lives. Wrote a chemistry workbook himself and made a buck off of us. The book sucked and was very ambiguous. When do I add the solution. ? Which of the 2 reagents?
    Then instead of helping us he would chat with his "pets" they would spend the day chatting about themselves and a vacation or a college.
    I did not want to listen to them blab away.
    Then for the exam he would put trick questions and mess with your mind. Was it a trick or was it the right answer.
    And then rather than to write the answer so we could learn he marked it with an x and moved on.
    I found out that teaching myself was better than to pay attention to him. He had a high failing rate and he did not care.
    His office hours were full with line of students and his pets were there.
    One of his pets would become an assistance and man was that conceited blonde girl full of herself.
    I should have taken another professor.

• I had the worse teacher.

This college teacher was bitter and hated everyone. Made us learn a strange programing language in less than a week and made all our homework use that language.
    PS we were first semester college students with no experience whatsoever in learning programing learning C+. He did not care
    Hired the worst assistant ever, Never told us what was on the test. Gave us hard homework and never curved. The class had a high fail rate and he could care less because he was tenure.
    I was not going to forgo sleeping to become an ocd student chugging monster and coffee and dying of a premature heart attack.
    Only gave two exams the midterm and final worth 40% of my grade.
    They were both 3 questions and blank pages.
    If I ever see him I promise you that he will regret it.
    I challenge you to take him and see if you can avoid having the soul sucked out of you.

• Depends on set-up

In a lot of places, School is basically mandatory which means among other things that students are oppressed and also that there is no natural market incentive for education to improve. In these cases, Students should adopt an aggressively stubborn, Skeptical, And critical approach to learning materials, And teachers should damn-well make an extra effort to be interesting and adaptable. On the other hand, Where education is mostly voluntary, It's a little bit different. If students can chose where, When, And how to get educated, Then yeah, Teachers can be as hard-assed as they like. Their systems may fail or succeed, But this would be entirely up to them, Just as whether or not a given student wanted to participate in a teacher-don't-care style program would be up to the student. Even so, In these cases, I would suspect that markets would favor teachers who were actually successful educators.

I should say, I am in no way against public education, And am NOT arguing that students should pay more for schooling, Only that children shouldn't be processed for their first 16-22 years like cattle. The idea that a person is responsible for conforming to a system that they have little to no choice in is disgusting to me. The idea that a teacher should be assumed to be teaching well without any checks and balances is completely absurd.

kelthrives365 says2019-09-01T18:16:17.977