The Disney channel is Becoming worse and worse.

Asked by: starwin321
  • Barely any good shows are left.

After watching The Disney channel for Years I can safetley say that it has been degrading in quality more and more after every year. I'm not saying that every show on Disney channel is bad. I'm saying MOST shows on Disney channel are unbearably bad. But there is at least one show that is really good. That show is gravity falls. But other than that almost every show follows no/little plot, is very repetetive and is just so boring! I hope that disney decides to go back to its roots and bring back or add new shows that are animated and not peices of crap you find on the back of your shoe. Hopefully one day we can get good shows back on the disney channel.

• A Tool For Brainwashing Young Minds

Disney Channel has always been around for one purpose: shaping the minds of America's youth. These shows seem silly and harmless, but when you look at it from the blank slate that is a child's mind, many devious lessons are taught. A common characteristic of these shows include, most importantly, the concept of young love. These shows are constantly flooding children's minds with very adult concepts: marriage, adultery, sex, etc. And what happens whenever a main character is kissed or finds out they were cheated on? An immediate audience sound-track of "oooo's" and "ahhh's" that further encourage our children to think about these mature concepts. These shows also depict adults and parents as idiotic, with these adult characters always cracking the stupid, moronic jokes (to which the children always reply with a snarky and condescending comment). These shows are maturing our children faster than needed, and teaching that disrespect and negativity is completely okay when it's directed at a "silly parent".

• It Just Is

As Jessie. It totally disturbed me, Especially that stupid laughter. In a show like full house, It’s better because the laughter only happens at the actually funny times, And, The Jessie laugh track only laughed, While full house had ooh ahhh and awe moments. New shows are getting better, But still Disney is becoming more mature with adulthood themes in shows like Andi Mack. But there are some very creative shows, Like that’s so Raven and it’s spin off ravens home. Another okay show is kacy undercover, It has a unique storyline that is obviously fiction but still very cool. The only thing is that this how is focused on a family that constantly lies and keeps secrets. So mostly okay but maybe a little of

• They keep trying to get into the "trends"

The breaking point in this for me was the newest show "Coop and Cami Ask the World". It's literal garbage. Disney keeps trying hard to reach to be relatable to the millennials, But as a millennial, Being LITERALLY only 14, I still know it's terrible. Kids aren't dumb and mindless (well, Most anyways) despite what Disney may think. Their "D-coms" (aka their Disney channel movies; NOT the things that hit the movie theaters or are advertised anywhere other than their own channel. ) Keep getting less and less original. Nothing has any heart or appeal anymore. It's honestly awful. Disney, If anything, STOP. TRYING. TO. BE. "HIP"! It's not working! You're driving everyone away. That's not that Disney fans want.

• Well it just has

Disney will just never be the same again. I remember waking up 7 in the morning to watch sonny with a chance or Kim possible just before school and loving every moment of it. Now when I see my little cousins watching Disney chancel I feel like there watching the same episodes over and over again and honestly its quite boring. Disney lost its magic on everything the stars, The shows, The DCOM, Even the music like cmon the 2000 era had the best music until 2010.

• Disney XD and Junior are a step up

I’ve watched the Channel since I first moved to the Us when I was 7 and 10 years later I’m disappointed with what happened to it. Every show seems to have a female protagonist and that she’s the center of attention. It can be regressive and annoying like Bizzardark then gross and crude like Andi Mack. I’m also an animation geek and many of the animated tv series are just as bad except for Duck Tales which probably best show on run. I realized that shows on the Sister channels Junior and XD actually have shows I’ve become intrigued by and is actually interested in watching.

• I think Disney is very inappropriate today and has gotten worse

I think Disney is very inappropriate today than how it used to be with Wizards of Waverly Place, Good Luck Charlie, And Suite Life of Zack and Cody. I can barely watch Disney because everything they show now is too advanced and ignorant like Andy Mack, Girl Meets World, And Bizardbark

• How deep do the latest shows get into your heart?

(first of all, Not native speaker here)
    One of the ways i can measure how deep is a experience with a show, Is to think how much of a good influence they have on you, Or how fond are the memories of watching that show when you remember it later.
    Ephemeral, Superficial, Empty, Cliche. All of that describes my feelings about the state of art in disney.

• Disney channel is stupid

EVERYTHING! After Austin and Ally ended, the channel really went downhill. LIke stupid dumb shows like BIzarrdvark are actually dumb. The simple argument? They are just so freaking dumb! The good old times like Suite Life on Deck, Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waveryly Place were what I want to watch!Not some stupid show about 2 girls making these stupid videos and more and more DUCKTALES!! SOMEONE HELP US!!!The new generation will be sad!!

• What happened to Disney Channel

I am 13 years old, and am beginning to think Disney Channel is dumb. I understand that a lot of it is because it is aimed at younger audiences, but it didn't used to be. For example Full House is still good in my opinion. One of the newer shows, Bunk'd, is just terrible. They repeat the same joke line over and over. Here's an example of it from Jessie:
    Kid 1: Is the only reason you hang out with me my IQ?
    Kid 2: Of course not... It's also because you live here.
    This kind of joke happens over and over in different contexts, with one kid saying something dumb, and the other kid saying of course not, something dumber. I feel like Disney Channel ran out of jokes to use, so they decided to use one continually. Honestly though, IT GETS OLD. I mean, you know Disney Channel's dead when you watch Nickelodeon and it's a step up.

• I dont think it is getting worse-

Now-a-days, many kids in their teens think that Disney shows are horrible. However what they dont realize is Disney is catering to a certain age group. Approximetly from ages 6-13. When there is a new generation wtavhing these shows. Interests are changing. The idea of spies, might not have been something you liked but you cousin 3 years younger loves the idea. So reallythe shows are nt getting worse they are just catering to the youths minds

gabep says2015-05-02T00:19:35.840
It was never good in the first place.
jaksunmadness says2015-05-13T09:15:15.127
It has just become another feminist circus
>