• It doesn't go against my beliefs

People that aren't religious have no problem with it. What if i'm not religious and i'm just living off a machine, suffering and in pain, knowing i'm going to die. I would definitely want to end my suffering. I wont "go to hell" for it. Its my body and were all gonna die some day. I should be able decide how I want to go, (with the right circumstances)

• In some cases only.

Only when the patient has a will of doing so, the nurse or family cannot decide. Only this will be fair. It is your own right to choose if you want to get injected by a neddle to make you die early... I would not want to live in pain even though I am brain dead or even when I can still think but not move... I would rather be killed!

• Ok in certain circumstances

It simply gives the parents and family more time to prepare and allows the dying person to prepare themselves , i am not trying to offend anyone and if you are a part of certain religion in which it disagrees with this then thats ok and i respect your views.

• It should at least be an option

Everyone who is against euthanasia is doing so based on their religion. Pushing their beliefs onto another person. Euthanasia may not be the choice a patient would make, and it may not even be one that a patient would consider, however it should at least be an option they have. Those who are against euthanasia have every right to suffer through their disease, but just because your religion says it is wrong doesn't make it wrong to others. I'm not saying it should be used at all unless the individual who is suffering decides that it is the only option left.

• If the person wants to die than they should be able to

The pain can make someone want to die and that is not their fault that they want that for the pain because it is understandable I wanted to die when I went into surgery a bunch of times and I understand it because I felt that I wanted to die as well so it is understandable to me so if you want to die that is your opinion and that is ok if that is what you want to want it and that is not fair for someone to tell you that is not what you want because that is what you want ok so if you disagree than you are not smart and need to shut up you are stupid

• Laws shouldn't be based on religion

Over all , USA is beginning to be more so of a place of "free will" and should NOT be placed by RELIGION. USA isn't supposed to be based on your morals unless it harms others! This is PEACEFUL KILLING. Your religion needs to be kept to your self - if this were the argument of advancement of medicine - I could understand and THEN have a debate. But there are to many religions to base laws on! Soon enough we will have all types of stuck up the ass laws because of people's "religion". OUR BODIES - OUR RIGHTS. You shouldn't be so concerned with other peoples bodies .

• Its my choice!!!

If I am in extreme pain and have an illness that will kill me and there is no alternative why would it be so wrong for me to choose to take a medication to end my life...Doctors are not killing me I am killing me and if I don't the illness will...Death is the only end so why can I not choose to go out peacefully on my terms instead of being in agony. Quality of life is a big deal to me and for all who say they would rather live why would anyone want to live like that its not living.

• I say yes

Euthanasia provides a way to relieve extreme pain, and a way of relief when someone’s quality and living in life is low. Death is a private matter and if there is no harm to others, the state and other people have no right to interfere. Euthanasia is our should be our own choice to make and nobody else's.

• "Once the patient is gone, we'll never know if their unexpected recovery was just around the corner."

Usually many people argue with this point, but they ignore the data results, they only use euthanasia to the near exclusive terminally ill. There's a Dutch report that fount that 86 percent of cases, euthanasia shortened life by a maximum of a week. Also if there were for a miracle to happen, it would be more likely for person to get struck by lighting and winning the lottery in the same day.

• Rocket play do dnjknwvjonvuiofwnvoiuwbnevi

Sresresresreseres nusn unsu nsu sn ush s us hs uhs u sh ush ush us hsu hsu hs ush ush ua h auh u haus s as sasa a ssa s a sa assa assa as as saaasssss hdalsdfosf ufhauwi oghoyg yuegfyuqwgfyuhgyukikik hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi

• I do not think euthanasia should be legal anywhere!!!!!!!!!!

God gave us a live for a reason with so much technology in the world they should be able to make a machine to keep sick people alive. Our bodies are a temple of God. We shall not harm ourselves. It is wrong to kill someone or yourself in any form or fashion!!!!!!!!!!

• Euthanasia is forbidden in Islam.....

Bismillah

Muslims are against euthanasia. They believe that all human life is sacred because it is given by Allah, and that Allah chooses how long each person will live. Human beings should not interfere in this.

Life is sacred

Euthanasia and suicide are not included among the reasons allowed for killing in Islam.

Do not take life, which Allah made sacred, other than in the course of justice.
    Qur'an 17:33
    Allah decides how long each of us will live

When their time comes they cannot delay it for a single hour nor can they bring it forward by a single hour.
    Qur'an 16:61
    And no person can ever die except by Allah's leave and at an appointed term.
    Qur'an 3:145
    Suicide and euthanasia are explicitly forbidden

Destroy not yourselves. Surely Allah is ever merciful to you.
    Qur'an 4:29
    The Prophet said: "Amongst the nations before you there was a man who got a wound, and growing impatient (with its pain), he took a knife and cut his hand with it and the blood did not stop till he died. Allah said, 'My Slave hurried to bring death upon himself so I have forbidden him (to enter) Paradise.' "

Jazakallah

• Euthanasia is forbidden in the major religons....

I begin with salutation. My opinion is that i think euthanasia is also like helping someone commit suicide(assisted suicide). So would you want to kill your mum or dad before your eyes. I wouod say no because my mum bought me up from a baby to a 12-year-old boy. So you should leave them alone. It has nothing to do.

• Euthanasia is wrong

My question is when did we decide that we are God - the giver of life and therefore the one who says when life ends - we cannot for any reason decide we are God. There is value in suffering and it is redemptive. Jesus suffered and so will we, because we are to imitate Jesus, so therefore I will suffer if it means that I have united myself with Christ in the redemption of mankind.

• Of course NOT!!!!

I want to live as much as possible. Do I want to suffer? No, but there are medications that will ease the pain and be able to live several days. Putting my life in someone else's hand is not even an option. God gave me life only he can take it away. Point blank

• No No No

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

• Not the right thing to do.

It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right. It is not right.

• The Wedge Theory

This will one day lead to the government or the people wanting to kill people with mental illnesses when we are making breakthroughs. This will only lead to legalized genocide. No one should be able to make the call to kill. Giving anyone that power will only lead into corruption.

• Euthanasia is bad

Think about it. Would you rather die of drugs or die of disease? Also, if it were me, I would rather live an extra couple of days than just let someone kill me. Killing a patient is still considered killing. Just because you are killing a patient to end their suffering, that doesn't mean you are helping them.

• No it shouldn't!!!!

1. Euthanasia devalues human life
    2. Euthanasia can become a means of health care cost containment
    3. Physicians and other medical care people should not be involved in directly causing death
    4. There is a "slippery slope" effect that has occurred where euthanasia has been first been legalized for only
    5. The terminally ill and later laws are changed to allow it for other people or to be done non-voluntarily.
    6. Many religions think that euthanasia is immoral. Some religions regard it as a type of murder.
    7. The official Roman Catholic Church is against euthanasia and says it is a crime. Protestants, on the other side, take a more liberal view.
    8. Hindus think that, even though helping a person end a painful life may be good, it interferes with the cycle of death and rebirth.
    9. In Islam all forms of euthanasia are forbidden.
    10. In Japan more than half of all Shintoists think that you should be allowed to help a person die if they ask for it.
    11. People who are pro for euthanasia say that it is the patient's choice to end their suffering. Yes, this is true, but isn't suicide also a person's choice to end their suffering? We have a quote saying "suicide is not the answer," so why should euthanasia be an answer?
    12. Euthanasia has many downfalls to it, especially in the wrong hands. 13. Doctors will use it to end life prematurely, but a doctor's role in society is to save people, not kill them.
    14. Killing somebody is murder! So why must doctors become murderers unwillingly! To others, it is just a simpler way for suicide.
    15. Also, families of unhealthy people could be tempted to request euthanasia because of financial reasons.