Opinion Question
Argument
Posted by: SGR

Sex and gender are not the same

Sex and gender are not the same thing. Most people who say "yes" to this end up arguing that there are only two *SEXES*, and they're even wrong about that; there are a number of intersex conditions. In short, sex is physical, and most people are within 2 categories of that, and gender is psychological, and though *most* people also fit within two categories as either men or women, there are plenty of others; non-binary, agender, GNC, and various others.
Wolfram says2016-09-11T01:53:55.877
You are wrong on the issue of intersex conditions. Intersexes are an example of chimerism.

Source: http://www.Brighthub.Com/science/genetics/articles/39124.Aspx
STANFORDCARDINAL says2016-09-11T06:25:04.403
Sex = either the male or female division of a species, especially as differentiated with reference to the reproductive functions.

Gender = either the male or female division of a species, especially as differentiated by social and cultural roles and behavior.

Seem pretty similar to me.
DiEgO123100 says2016-09-11T17:05:34.180
And I'm an apache helicopter. Why? Because its what I assume I feel like. THERE ARE TWO GENDERS. They are the same thing.
SegBeg says2017-04-18T18:24:23.880
Intersex is not a third gender. It's a birth defect. Intersex people will still have a mixture of MALE and FEMALE genitalia- not some unique form.
stemaclean says2017-11-30T17:44:52.247
Important to note, to adopt the proposed definition of gender, as opposed to the literal meaning presented, you would have to agree that if you adopt the social norms of a group you become a part of that group.

Growing out your hair doesn't make you a woman. Wearing makeup doesn't make you a woman. Many women have short hair and don't wear makeup. Still women.