• Yes, there is only 2, in my opinion.

Look the people that I have seen talk about this have said that they (some) feel both male and female, some feel like gender fluid and a lot of things, but only because you feel this way or like this specific thing does not mean you need a gender so you can differ from others.

Posted by: SGR
  • There are only two genders.

Those genders are male and female. There's really no such thing as transgender. No matter what gender you identify as, no matter how many hormone injections and plastic surgeries you have, you will ALWAYS be the gender you were born as. Facts don't care about your feelings. If you were born a man you are a MAN If you were born a woman you are a WOMAN. Go and be transgender if you like. It is not my place to stop you and you are free to chose how you live your life but I certainly don't have to agree with you. It's fact. Male and female are the ONLY genders. Not another can be added.

• Of course there is

This is basic scientific fact. Chromosomes are only XX (Female) or XY (Male). Sometimes there are deformities such as XXY but those don't make a new gender, its just a deformity. It blows my mind how people can actually believe there are more than two genders that exist today. Sigh

• There are only two.

If there is more than two genders, then why has there never been a "demi-queer cactus" gender on any form I've ever seen? They aren't discovering new genders, people are literally making this shit up in their heads. Just saying. I never thought this was a difficult subject to understand but people have some pretty wil imaginations. I sexually identify as a jewish man missing his right testicle, please respect my gender.

• 2 not 305,671

Gender is a penis, or a vagina.
    Not what you identify as.
    If everything you identify as makes a new gender, then does me identifying as God mean God is now real. (No offense y'all religious nut jobs)
    I don't mean to be offensive with this, but gender isn't what you feel, It's what you are. You can be a man that likes color pink without being a new gender.

• Yes there are only 2 genders and all of forms of "myriad" genders are just a form a people being mentally retarded and idiotic

Because snowflakes and retards feel they need to make up random shit to cope with their insecurity

THe cow jumped over the moon the cow fell down and broke his crown and all the kings horses and all the kings men couldnt put the cow back together again good story

• Gender is attached to sex

Why is this a sudden issue people everyday are trying to get farther away from society as a whole when in reality feeding to their stupidity is insane, so why help feed that we should work towards helping them yes and not being stupid and letting then away with it. They need a reality check.

• In Terms Of Biological and Cultural Aspects, There Most Certainly Are Two

I understand that this is a relatively touchy subject for many, but seen as it is an argument that has been going on for quite a while in political-correctness obsessed Western society that we live in, I feel the need to share my input. I always went my previously ignorant life thinking gender is simply a word used to describe one's sex, while simultaneously lowering the probability of confusing this with the aspect of sexual feelings or activity. However, while sex is usually considered biological, gender usually refers to an extended version of that, often covering aspects such as cultural or physiological parts of one's life caused by their biological sex. It is 100% clear that there are two sexes, and I would strongly agree with the idea that there are only two genders as well. Scientists at various institutions have found that one's most basic actions reflect on that of their sex, which is therefore basic gender. The transgender community feels as if they belong to another gender, and in many cases, they actually do, which is what defines them as transgender, not if they physically change their sex. However, it is very rare that you will find an individual whose mentality contradicts both male and female genders. Even if you do find someone that fits that description, the fact remains that it is more of a psychological problem rather than a different gender. One thing is for certain though, clouds, dirt, chocolate, and mayonnaise are not genders.

• I'z conservative and proon

I have a pee pee and a women has a vagene and when they colid a baby comes out of the belly button. So i am pee pee less and cant have bb bevcase is sterile wihout the pee pee and now im big boy so imma good good boy

• The Gender Movement Is Pointless

The word gender was made in the 1940's and had the same definition as sex, without the verb form. The 1970's women rights movement popularized the word with an alternate definition. So saying "gender is what's in your pants" is true, technically. Although you could argue it isn't.

The whole point of this gender movement is "You can't classify me, I don't conform to your stupid system" then "here's a new equally stupid system so that we can classify ourselves" makes so much sense.

You will be classified deal with it, stereotypes and gender roles exist, it's a way for our brains to simplify the world. As humans we will classify you, it's what we have done to absolutely everything. This doesn't mean that you will follow these stereotypes or identify well with said group, but you will be classified with them.

• You could say that there are only two genders, But you would be disregarding a large part of the population.

In the US, In 2016, At least 1. 4 million people identified and had come out as transgender. (New York Times) The thing is, That only encompasses the transgender population and only the people who have come out about it. You can identify as 63 different genders, And I will be the first to admit that I think that's excessive. On the other hand, That means that there are 62 different genders that aren't accounted for, As well as those transgendered people who are not out.

The problem that is brought up in many arguments for the two gender argument is that God created two genders to be placed on this earth. That is often a reason to hate transgender and non-binary people. But. . . Being an atheist myself I don't know how your bible works, But I would assume that your “Great Commandment” is one of the most important;
    Love your neighbor as yourself.
    This is assumed to mean that you should be kind to everyone regardless of any other factors. Therefore, This argument is rather invalid.

Another common argument is that gender and sex are determined biologically by X and Y chromosomes. While this is true, The World Health Organization has put out a statement saying that “Genes are increasingly being considered as candidates for complex behavioural traits such as sexuality and gender differences. ”, Casting doubt on the preconceived notions of bioloical sex.

In the end, Sex and gender are two fundamentally diferring things. It is my belief that while there are two sexes, Gender is more varied and open ended in terms of identity.

• There are more than two genders

Yes there may only be two sexes, But sex and gender identity is not the same thing! As an example Someone might biologically be a girl/boy but mentally not identify as either. So in my opinion there are more than two genders! Sex DOES NOT = Gender! Sorry if u don’t agreee

• Monochrome, It’s not just the dress

Short answer: I was born and raised female, And have been socially adjusted to being female. Having gender dysphoria and feeling like I need a male body in order to treat that, I see myself as male. I am a human, That is male, That was raised female OF COURSE i’m going to be more complex than simply male or female!

I’m not non-binary because I like to wear feminine or masculine things. It is more than what we wear, Who we hang out with, How we express ourselves. It’s what our primary and secondary sex characteristics say about who we are, And what that means for how we see ourselves.

• Gender is a complicated concept

I see a lot of people being held back by definitions that humans created. Gender is kind of a complicated web of things and not just one singular concept that's so easy to label. It's just that it's THOUGHT of as the singular concept because it's so easy to label. But words and ideas are made up by people to describe the world, Not dictate it.

What even do you think gender is, How does it work? Where does one gender stop and another begin? It doesn't make sense to consider it a strict, Perfect binary, Because the real world isn't like that.

• Majority of the votes here are purely inconsiderate, If you took an effort to care about the people around you, Maybe you'd understand.

For starters sex is of the body, Gender is of the mind. If you were born with a penis, You are male, If you are born with a vagina, You are female.

Gender is a completely different thing from sex. Sex is what you are, Gender is what you want to be. If you want to be a woman, Then your gender is a female, If you wanted to be a man then your gender is male. If you don't want identify as either then you can identify as agender, Meaning no gender. It is a spectrum, Just like the spectrum from Gay to Straight (with Bisexual in the Middle) this spectrum goes from Male to Female with non-binary and agender in between.

For example, I was born with a vagina, Therefore when i am asked what my sex is, I say I am a woman. If I were asked my Gender, I prefer more female over male, Therefore I am female but there is something in me that is tugging me towards the male side of the spectrum, Not far enough to identify as male but enough to consider identifying as agender.

This translates mixup in transsexual and transgender. Using the desctriptions from above, To be transsexual would be to change their assigned sex at birth to the opposite sex via means of surgery and pills. Transgender would be the change from the respective gender to their sex (female with woman) to the opposite or a different gender.

• Boi you dumb ass hell

Slkgnsfongsfonhdoihfoihnfihnfoidnhaodifnhpfidnh f
    sfnhsfh
    sfh
    fshsfh
    sfh
    sfh
    sf
    hfs
    hsf
    hsf
    hj
    sfh
    sfnh;sfnh;sfnh
    s;nh;
    snhsnh
    snh
    ;sfknhsk nhsn s hpsphj sohj sfjhp
    sfjhpsfjhisjfhp
    isfjhisfh
    ifjh
    ipsj
    hpisfjhpisjhpisjfphijsfhijs
    ihjs
    js
    hfh'
    fhsf
    h
    sf
    hs
    hs
    fh
    sh
    sfh
    s
    fh
    s
    sh
    sfhf

h
    f
    h
    f
    h
    Look at your crotch.

• There are more than 2 genders.

My evidence is Anjaneya Kar he is a prime example of this. I don't know anything exact but I know for a fact that he doesn't have a penis nor vagina. The only logical reasoning behind this is that there are more than 2 genders. This is why I believe that there are more than 2 genders in this world.

• Gender is determined by Gender Identity and you can identify as anything

For people who say gender is what you are born as, Your just wrong, Thats sex. Gender is your identity and you can identify as anything, Non-Binary, Unisex, Gender fluid, Pangender, And so much more. It is just wrong to mistreat someone because they don't identify as the gender they were born as.

• In practice and in science yes. In theory no.

In the world of biology where dicks and vaginas exsist, There are only two genders: male and female. But in theory, When you look at the wide range of sexualities and identities of this world, There are an infinite number of genders. Yes it can be argued that "There can only be 2 genders, Thats all that humanity was given". But the deeper you look into the subject, The more you will find. There is not only black and white (or pink and blue in terms of gender), There is a wode spectrum of color.

• Only kidding there's only 2 genders

I don't care anymore there is literally only 2 genders faggots need to get it right, Sex and gender are the same thing and if you were born with a penis you're a male and if you were born with a vagina then youre a female. Get it right you stupid people, We could have flying cars by now.

Sciguy says2016-09-10T20:32:06.360
There are only two biological Genders. However, there are two mental genders created by the ill.
PlanB says2018-07-03T19:09:24.060
Good point
TheDebater17 says2018-09-18T11:43:17.417
There are only 2 genders and they have roles (to an extent)