• I See No Reason It Shouldn’t Be

To Kill a Mockingbird is a beautifully written story about childhood, And the blatant hypocricy of the world. It teaches children about racism of the past (and sadly, Still in the present). It provides the much needed worldview that children are not fools- an adults are not always right. To Kill a Mockingbird is an amazing book, With amazing insights to prejudice and childhood. To not teach it, In a way, Would be to deny children of their history along with the possible understanding they have the potential to gain.

• Yes, But it is already being taught in schools.

Students have been reading TKAM for years. My parents both read it in high school, And I read it a few months ago with my class. We did an essay on it too. This is in California, Though. You may not be taught it depending on where you live. It is a very inspirational book.