• Yes, it's a great idea

Students obviously need to explore their individualism and creativity throughout clothing choices but in school, I don't think they should be worrying about what clothing items they should wear, and rather worry about their education and extra curriculars. Clothing can be posed as a distraction, which goes along with dress coding, so wearing uniforms, they wouldn't need to be worried about being dress coded. It absolutely would not stop bullying but, say there's a kid at school, he or she is from a poor family that isn't able to buy their child new clothes, so they are required to wear clothes that are overworn, thrashed and damaged, or dirty, the child is more susceptible to being bullied for what they wear. If uniforms were installed into our school systems, that would cancel out the clothing factor of bullying.

• I think uniforms in school will stop most bullying.

I think uniforms in school will stop most bullying because, it will make students wear the same thing, if they wear the same thing then it will give bully´s one less thing to pick on students. At my school fashion is big, and if you don´t have supreme or Gucci your deemed poor and not cool. My sister can never decide on what to wear, and so do I but with uniforms I think it will give one less thing to worry about. Please give your opinion, and take it easy on me its my first post :)

• Not logical or beneficial

First off, it won't stop bullying. The only kind of bullying related to clothing I have ever seen had to do with the shoes they were wearing, and that was only once. Usually, bullying (from my experience) has to do with racist stereotypes, and one kid thinking they're better than the other because they're a certain race.
    And the whole idea of uniforms, while a nice thought in some ways, is extremely counter-intuitive in a society that teaches kids to be unique and special. I'm not comparing uniforms to communism or anything, but I just can't see anything good about them. Having a moderately strict dress code would be a much better alternative. And having everyone wear the same thing would make the school seem like an even less welcoming place than it already is in the wake of American school shootings, with security being cranked up to the extreme. And clothes aren't just a way to bully people - they can bond over clothing, meet people who're wearing their favorite band's t-shirt, etc.

• It won't stop bullying

If children can't bully each others for their clothing, they would always find other ways to bully. Children can be bullied for their height, hairstyle, body shape, skin color and disability. They can also be bullied for wearing glasses and braces. So uniforms won't solve the bullying problem. The only thing uniforms would do is to not letting the children be allowed the freedom to choose their own clothing. I think they should be allowed to wear what they wants to, because people are more comfortable in clothes they likes and would therefor be more confident which again do the learning experience in school better. Clothing can also communicate in a good way. It can show the person's interests and start friendships. If two pupils wears a band t-shirt, they would immediately being able to tell they've something in common. Common interests makes friendships.

• Kids are individuals.

Uniforms do nothing but support a kind of conformity. If kids--people--are individuals why should they be forced to look the same or, for that matter, study the same? Accommodation not assimilation; student centered not curriculum centered; let students dress for themselves; more freedom not less. Why should individuals be forced to look a like?

>