• Violent games should be abolished

The only reason I think it should be abolished is because many children now learn how to handle sophisticated guns mostly seen in these games.
    Another reason why I said it was because it makes them lose concentration in their studies.
    I hope you have decided that it should be abolished.
    Thanks

• Shouldn't be illegal in any way.

The person who said yes to violent games being abolished for the children is plain stupid. It has a rating for a reason, And and if you say the rating doesn't matter, Yeah, You're right, But if you've ever tried to buy a mature game as a child (by yourself OR with a parent) the employees always warn the parent (if there, If not they tell the kid to bring back their parent/guardian) that the game is violent, And if they would like to reconsider their purchase before buying the game. In other words, Saying that games with violence need to be removed because it may influence kids' behavior is plain stupid, Because there are guidelines in order to purchase these games in the first place. Same thing with apps, Except that the parents can lock their kids from downloading/buying apps that have a M rating by locking it with a password.

• Violent games do not make people violent.

If this was true where is the correlation between a Call of Duty release and the murder rate also increasing at a similar time? Games in general are used as a distraction from real life. It is used to do actions which are not possible or the person is capable of doing in most instances. Besides abolishing violent games does not stop them from existing.

• Uncle Shrek Said no so I am too.

Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me
    I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
    She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb
    In the shape of an "L" on her forehead
    Well the years start coming and they don't stop coming
    Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running
    Didn't make sense not to live for fun
    Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb
    So much to do, So much to see
    So what's wrong with taking the back streets?
    You'll never know if you don't go
    You'll never shine if you don't glow
    Hey now, You're an all-star, Get your game on, Go play
    Hey now, You're a rock star, Get the show on, Get paid
    And all that glitters is gold
    Only shooting stars break the mold
    It's a cool place and they say it gets colder

• Are you crazy?

Violent video games have nothing to do with the mentally deficient oafs that are so depraved as to kill children. Not only are they fun games, But if you want to learn how to handle a gun, Banning video games won't stop anything. Stop with this ridiculous crusade against video games.

• Reason why violent video games shouldn't be illegal

I think FPS and other violent games are fun. I think they should be prohibited for mentally ill people only. Mentally healthy person probably wouldn't start school shooting. Also they are useful to train Police, Military and SWAT teams. Also if they are realistic they help you know how to use firearms / guns and how to handle them properly.

• If you really want to learn how to handle guns, Abolishing violent games won't stop you.

Seriously, If all you think is that violent games teach people how to use guns, You shouldn't play video games. If you have the mindset of a terrorist and you really want to kill someone with a gun, Playing games is a) unrealistic and really won't help you use guns and b) a crappy alternative to looking it up on shady forums.

• Look at Japan

Japan has very violent video games, Very violent tv, Many societies do, However these societies either ban guns, Or restrict their availability so the wrong sort won't get them in hand. It isnt the governments role to tell people how to live adults can make that decision for themselves.
    As for kids if you worry about them create an age restriction for purchase, You must be 21 to buy alcohol and tobacco products, Do the same with violent games. I n the end this is the job of the parents not the state to see kids are not exposed to bad things, Enough of big brother than

• It is not the video games.

The 80's was the most dangerous decade, Violent games have nothing to do with this. If anything it is poor parenting on why children are growing up violent and knowing how to use guns. It is important to know how to defend yourself but poor parenting would be the answer.

>