Was it a good idea for Hans (the handsome guy) to be the villain in Frozen?

Asked by: ladiesman
  • The twist is unexpected and in a good way

The whole point of Hans is to be the most underlined antagonist ever, So subtle that even the audience can't see it until the revelation comes. There's z lot of little things that make you see that Hans really is a manipulator brat that has his plan ever since the beginning. Some examples, Are within the Love's a Closed Door song, When Hans sings "I've been searching my whole life to find my own place", He points at Arendelle, In a very expressive way that he wants to take the kingdom to himself. In the same music, The part of "We finish each other's. . . Sandwiches! " is very unsettling because it's obvious by the type of Hans is, He really isn't going to say that to Anna's sentence. To complement my thoughts, There's the most unsettling part of the music, "You (Hans saying to Anna)/And I (Anna to herself)/Were/Just/Meant to be! ", It's very subtle, But it clear that this line isn't about them both, But Anna alone.
    Regardless of this song, In the movie are some things that are subtle ways that show Hans' true face. Hans is worried about Anna going alone to see Elsa, But became calm when, And only when, Anna puts him in charge. He starts making the people love him, But not for kindness, But for has a good impression when he became the King. His motivation is understandable too. He is 13th in the line of the throne, His family don't give a sh*t about him for being the youngest brother and then he goes to the reign where not one, But two princesses are, And where he can be a true King in a more easy way than killing twelve royals, Just marrying the future queen (Elsa), Or the crown-princess and killing the consort one.
    There are some parts where people misunderstood Hans. When he saves Elsa, It isn't for kindness. If the Duke killed Elsa there, Hans couldn't have any way to the throne. Anna was missing, Elsa would be dead and the Duke would, Probably, Be the ruler of it. He then is the one who shots in the candelabrum, Almost killing her and in the end, Making her being imprisoned. The grand reveal isn't so unexpectable if you make sure to catch the little hints. And since the beginning, Hans was made to be the villain, As seen in the first scratch that was revealed. Hans only has his plot twist more planned than you expected.
    He is one of the best villains in the Disney movies, Not because he is bad, But because he is manipulative and doesn't seem to be one until the end.

• OMFG of course it's original!

The whole time, it didn't make sense for Hans and Anna to fall in love in just one night. Hans makes way more sense as an evil character- confusing Anna, driving a wedge between her and her sister, and trying to maneuver himself into power at the expense of others. Plus, having a handsome person be evil once doesn't count as discrimination against handsome people (stupid argument) and proves that personality and looks are not necessarily related!

• Anyone could have potential of becoming evil

Just because he is handsome doesn't mean children will start disliking handsome/beautiful people. Besides, the evil queen was a beautiful person, yet kids didn't go rebel against pretty people. In past Disney film, their villains include negative characteristics such as obesity, scars, over exaggerated features, poorly groomed/dressed, etc. Kids didn't start distrusting their grandparents cause they were overweight. Anyways, it teaches that people that look perfect aren't always what you think they are and that anyone could be evil in life. Besides, I enjoyed the plot twist.

• It teaches an important life lesson

For a Disney animated movie, it was renegade to make the handsome prince a snake in the grass, but I feel that serves a purpose: to teach about the outside world. There are unprincipled individuals out there, and like Hans, they have a friendly exterior to hide their true colors.

• BECCAUSE IOF this movie, handomse men will be distrusted

As a phucking handsome hunk of meat, i feel offended by this movies portrayal of handsome men. It labels them as decieving people out to get a fortune, but depicts disgusting people with no manners as heroes. I had to leave the theater out of disgust after han showed his true intentions

• It will bring on a generation thats raised to distrust handsome men

As a handsome man myself, we've had a decent screen adaptation of handsome people such as I. Then this movie comes out and I could have ignored this; but unfortunately it became a worldwide phenomenon. Due to the success of this movie, it seems handsome men being the villains may start to become the norm in the coming years which will inevitably be detrimental to growing boys self-image. Why be handsome if people will distrust you? Instead you could be a disgusting person with no manners, but you will be trusted. You see the issue here?

• About Han's twist

Personally, I find Hans to be worst villain in Disney history. I don't see a clear setup or connection, and I think Hans is out of character in act 3. In the first act, we see Hans as a typical nice guy. But then later, he is reavealed to be the main antagonist in the third act, and it is too late.
    And I know you think the reason Making Hans the villain in the last act is a clever twist, because it teaches a new message. I mean, don't get me wrong, the message is nice; it is actually clever that true love doesn't just come from romantic relationships, it comes from family. But for me, it feels shoehorned and out of character.
    We don't see the foreshadow/transition to a villain. The song, "Love is an Open door", he did is a duet with Anna. Okay, we hear the line that hans wanted his own place, but we don't see/feel his traits for a villain. And I don't see the reason why Hans is a proper villain for frozen. Then in act 2, we see that Hans determines to stop Elsa from keeping the whole kingdom in ice and snow. So we see Elsa defending herself but gets captured. Again we don't see the Segway for Hans as a main antagonist. And then in act 3, Hans tells Elsa to stop this catastrophe. Later when Anna is brought back to the kingdom, when we see Han's about to kiss Anna, he is reveale to be the villain of this movie, an then in the climax, we see Hans and his attempt to swing the sword against Elsa, Anna stops by and gets frozen *no pun intended*. So after we see the true love by Anna and Elsa. Hans got arrested and was taken back home. And I think the climax is rushed. I just don't see his proper role as a villain for this movie. The only villain that is acceptable is Elsa's conflict that she tries so hard to control herself but accidentally causes chaos. And what I mean is, it would depend how Elsa might misuse powers or control her powers. In my opinion Prince Hans is shoehorned as the villain in Frozen

>