Was Jackie Earle Haley better as Freddy Krueger than Robert Englund?

• I do believe so

I mean, come on. Everybody knows that Robert Englund was the original, and "originals are always better right?" Wrong. I believe that Jackie was a lot more believable and more threatening than Robert. If I was burned alive and all, I would be pissed. I wouldn't be some jokester running around and cracking one liners. Let me know what you think. I accept all opinions.

• Yes he was better

Jackie made Freddy watchable. I can't stand the way Roberts version turned into a comedy by always cracking jokes instead of a horror. Jackie made it a horror film. No shitty one liners. I wish they would make more with Jackie involved. He is a phenomenal actor. His take on Rorschach was amazing as well.

• Jackie is better

Fi watched the original because it’s supposed to be super scary and all Robert Englund did was jump on top of you and yell cut his fingers off and make his arms grow he was horrible then god the sequels way to make a horror movie not horrifying in the remake his face looks like a actual burn victim Jackie is serious and scary and the best line of the whole series was “why are you screaming when I haven’t even cut you yet “

• Jackie Earle Haley Gave An Amazing New Twist

Yes, we all love Englund's performance, but you can only go on with an actor for a specific character for so long before it gets to the point to where a new actor is needed. Haley did an amazing job providing a new source of entertainment by truly showing realistically, what a molester/serial killer would be like! By giving a dark, satanic, and horror movie vibe, myself as well as many others actually enjoyed the movie and remembered Haley by his way of making Freddy Krueger truly scary like he should be! England's take on Freddy was good, but his jokes, one liners, and character got old. It is time to show the world what Freddy Krueger would be like if he truly wanted to be someone scary. Someone who would actually have you on the edge of your seat while watching his movie.

• Haley by a landslide

Haley is a professional actor. Englund just happened upon the role by chance, and single handedly ruined it to the degree that I never took Freddy seriously until the remake. The worst thing about Englund's Freddy was all those stupid quips and cheesy one liners. Hell, everything about the Nightmare series after the first one was a raging dumpster fire. Haley made Freddy scary again, and his quote "Why are you screaming? I haven't even cut you yet" is truly the stuff of nightmares.

• Yes he was but the movie fails on so many other levels.

Yes he was better than Robert Englund.. In a similar way that Heath Ledger was a better joker than Jack Nichlason. It is too bad however that the 2010 remake wasnt a complete movie. Hayley's performance stands alone as highly praise worthy even in the presence of the fact that unlike the strong movie Dark Knight the remake of Nightmare on Elm St. Falls short on so many other levels. Regardless Jackie is a better actor than Robert.

• Yes because he is the better actor.

• YES because he is the better actor.

Yes he was better than campy Robert Englund who is still great. In a similar way that Heath Ledger was a better joker than Jack Nichalson. It is too bad however that the 2010 remake wasnt a complete movie due to the writing. Hayley's performance was highly capable, especially considering the fact that unlike Ledger in Dark Knight, who had a strong movie to compliment his highly worthy rendition, Jackie simply stands out as a better actor than Robert.. If this film had been made slightly better we wouldve had something truly good but it fails on so many other levels. It isnt the fault of Jackie Earl Hailey however..

• Haley Wins The Role

Jackie Earle Haley was so much scarier and more threatening than Robert Englund. He is very serious and really want's to have his revenge because he was really pissed. Robert was also good but he was too much of a jokester which I didn't like a lot. A horror film should be scary. Yes, Robert was more creative in killing but it doesn't look scary like in the Freddy vs Jason film. The girl Kia is threatening and teasing Freddy by saying "Your not even scary". If I was Kia but fighting vs Jacky Freddy, oh dear, if I tease him, he would be really pissed. So Jackie is better.

• Jackie is the real and true Freddy

Jackie's Freddy was exactly what a real immortal or invincible killer needs to be. He is always serious and makes no jokes at all and the voice he used was much scarier and eviler than Robert's ever was. The only thing Robert had over Jackie was being a child murderer before being burned alive

• No Way Man!

He looks like bad wizard from Harry Potter. There's only one Freddy, And that's Robert Englund! He has been the one and only Freddy and you nor I can ever change that. There is no other person who can do it better! Robert Englund you can't be replaced by Hollywood.

• New fred is better abd i grew up on the old ones

The new fred is much more darker and scarier and its only his orgin movie the first film of a reboot. . . . . . . . So we havent seen what this new freddy is capable of which is why we need a direct sequel to the 2010 reboot. . . . . . Now the orgin is done we can see what hapoens with the franchise. . . . But it seems like there going to reboot again do they can put the stupid one liner jokes back in

• No he wasn't

Robert englund is Freddy and will always be. So go kick rocks before I kick you. He wasn't bad tho it was just the movie he was in. He was alright I will like to see him in a sequel. But I doubt that will happen. So yeah that's that

• He looked like Kevin bacon was in a fire

Even the acting... It just wasn't freddy. To make freddy krueger, both Wes craven and Robert England MUST be involved. If not, dont make it. Just dont. The newest one made freddy a joke, and as the biggest freddy fan ever... I didn't appreciate it. Wes isn't with us anymore, let freddy rip as well. No one can recreate it. Even in the slightest chance they found a director that could.. Robert would have to be on board.

• Nobody can replace the old Freddy Krueger

Freddy is much more unique than all of the horror movie characters! While the others are serious and focused on killing. Fred is a jokester and likes to torture them physically and mentally. I appreciate the work they did on the remake but it just wasn't great enough to top the other older films. And the look on the new Fred, almost resembled close to a reptile. And the backstories are different, with Fred killing and molesting when the new Fred just molested. That's what makes the old Freddy more terrifying. Robert Englund's Freddy Krueger is much better and way more enjoyable to watch.

• Original Classic (Wes Craven) Movies cannot be Beaten!

Jackie Earle Haley played a good role as Freddy Krueger and had a better voice to go along with it, but Robert Englund is the classic, Wes Craven version. He brought the character to life, and his face in general matched the Krueger persona. The new story plot was interesting though, and the other actors/actresses were a lot more believable in their acting as well. I just don't believe that the original Freddy Krueger image can be re-made, only the story plot and supporting actors. I appreciate both movies still. Also, Robert Englund's depiction was a lot more scarier, while Jackie Earle Haley's was calmer and more relaxed on the jump scares.

Jackie Earle Haley played a good role as Freddy Krueger and had a better voice to go along with it, but Robert Englund is the classic, Wes Craven version. He brought the character to life, and his face in general matched the Krueger persona. The new story plot was interesting though, and the other actors/actresses were a lot more believable in their acting as well. I just don't believe that the original Freddy Krueger image can be re-made, only the story plot and supporting actors. I appreciate both movies still.

• Old freddy was far stronger with powers and durability

Though the original freddy was more of a jokester he also more then once proved his powers superior to the new freddy there were also times where englunds freddy was very serious and angry and if the two two freddys fought englunds superior powerful freddy would take th win he also played a better freddy seriousness and blank expression in horror movies was to common and the first freddy added some kick to it he was one to scare and torture before killing unlike jackie earle haley who just scared and killed the original freddy killed with much more brutalityy using more then just his knived fingers to kill with

• WTF??? Really? Jackie??

Jackie H G. As Fred??? NO WAY !!!! Guys really, when I was a child everytime I had a nightmare I woke up happy still being alive and not found and killed by Fred Krueger!! Honestly, whenever the word nightmare or bad dream is involved we all think of one person: FRED!!! And never have I seen him being played by Jackie. Rob did something only a few before did. He brought Freddy to life! Everyone of us had this one situation after seeing a Freddy film or talking about it when we don´t dare to fall asleep. Seeing Fred´s burned face all over the place. Under the bed. In the closet. All around. And really, did one of you ever saw jackie´s Fred there? HELL NO! It was Rob´s Fred Krueger!! Always. Honest, no one should have ever played Fred except Rob. And this should never change. FRED KRUEGER came to life with Rob. FRED KRUEGER should die with Rob. But I really hope that Rob changes his mind one last time and brings FRED back to where he belongs. In all of our worst nightmares!!! I Love you Rob!!! And I will Always watch out for Fred waiting around the corner!!! Thank you for bringing the worst in mankind to life!

>