• Yes they were!

There were NO cell phones, which means you couldn't call 911, or your parents for safety. Keeping in touch also is easier and travel is easier and cheaper. Women weren't expected to get jobs. And there was no BAND, no MAKEUP to those girls who wear it all the time, and there wasn't gym, which is good for our health. When you were a teenager, and you became a hippie, you would break important family bonds. There was more drugs back then. There still are today, but there was more back then like marijuana, molly, (e.T.C...) Less homework=Not a good college=No nice job=being homeless, not a nice life. So, thats why I think now is a much better place to live than in the 60s.

• In some ways, it was

When it comes to technology and a quality of life, the 60s were worse. But when it comes to income equality, and from that standpoint, quality of life, the 60s were far better. Things in many ways are getting worse in the United States than getting better, for some very systematic reasons.

• Should've grown up in the 60s

Middle class existed,wasn't just a word. Cost of living was great. A family could have one bteadwinner an so there was a parent at home to take care of family an home.The music was revolutionary. From the British rock n roll movement (the beatles,rolling stones ect.). Rock n roll was born free love, the civil rights movement sense of discipline, ability to discipline your children. Kids played all day an everyone felt safe,not like todays world. No cell phones,internet running ruining life. People publically socialized, thats how you met people,physically. I shouldve been a child of the 60s.

• It most certainly was!

Just ask anyone from that era! Life was more simple and thankfully it seems a lot of young people want to get back to those times. Marriages seemed to last. Kids would play outside until sunset in the summers. Our lives in those days didn’t revolve around technology or being addicted to a smart phone. People would have real conversations face to face or at least call you up on the phone to see how your life was. Things aren’t that way anymore. I think that’s what I miss most. It’s all texting and social media now. No one wants to call or stop by cause they could just spy on your Facebook to know what you’re up to. Plus let’s face it the music, tv, and movies were better by far. What is with the crappy “music” today anyway? Movies today are complete overkill with special effects and gore. All ideas that have already been thought of and done before mostly. Anyone remember abc movie of the week in the 70s? No overkill there and the movies were damn good. I don’t see how anyone could think these days are better.

• It most certainly was!

• Never been there, but cool to visit.

I was never in the 1960's, but I would hear stories about it. And I think the 60's was a great place to maybe visit. I'm 15 and kids now days are very disrespectful and my family is in poverty, so I must ask what went wrong between the 60's and now.

• Of course it was better.

The greatest cars in the world got produced in 50s 60s and 70s in america, life expenses were way cheaper in the 60s, things were much simpler, everybody knew their place. There were no idiotic sjws and feminists complaining about every single thing, people were way more social and had family values and kids respected their elders and parents. Nobody cared about deiversity or what not so long as the job was done and done well.

• Better life to live

Acid and marijuana made people alot happier and made people see many different pieces of life they havent found. Marijuana makes people a lot happier and enjoy each other more. Acid helped you find out what there was more to find inside of you. Jobs were mainly for the men. Wage was cheap therefore things were cheap. Easy lives. Not much stress. Global warming wasnt there.

• Better life to live

• No jobs ,no opportunity, too white

In the 60s and 70s I went to large state university, The tuition was a couple of hundred dollars. I got a great education and thought that if I studied hard and made the grade, that I would get a good job that would last for a long time until retirement.
    I came from a near poverty- level family who worked hard,with good values and loyal to our country and believed in the future.
    I put my self through school by working at part time jobs in the summer time. My Dad kept us all in good clothes and a nice, but small house, by working in the trades.

Well, I finished college and graduated cum laude, with a double major in chemistry and mathematics,. I went from there to one of the best graduate schools in the world, ranked # 5 overall in the world, I got my phd and expected to find a good job. I worked in various position and small and then a large biotech company.

NOw I have been out of work for 3 years and cannot find a job. MY two sons ~ 30 cannot get jobs other than minimum wage jobs. If they can find them. Both exceptionally bright and hard workking.

My last major employer , after working there for 10years, told me one day that I had to give up my job because they had to hire a woman, to my job ( she did nothing and , eventually left the company high and dry ).

Yeah, the 60s and 70s were much better for a low level hispanic dude like myself. I donot believe in the country anymore, nor do I see any future for my family.

I say go Trump go, Make us like we were.

• It was lots of prejudice and danger

Civil rights for women and blacks was huge and there was violence. There was lots of discrimination for so many. Even though there was not social media and today’s not great, things are better and less complicated. Basically, it depends on your point of view. Whether you’re black, or a woman, etc.

• No, living in the 60s was not better than today.

This argument is thrown around alot--wasn't live much simpler back in the days? In some ways they were, but in alot of ways, we could never go back. Civil rights has moved way to far to be even remotely compatible with what we perceive socially and culturally. Technology has shifted in such an integral part of our lives that it is beyond comparison. And environmentally, our plans for the future are working to reverse many of the inadequate, bureacratic transportation and land use decisions of that time.

>