Was Michael Eddington right when he said in some ways the Federation is worse than the Borg, In the DS9 episode "For the Cause"

• Perhaps there is some truth to what Eddington said

In the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode
    "For the Cause" Maquis agent
    Michael Eddington says to Captain Sisko
    "I know you. I was like you once, But then I opened my eyes. Open your eyes, Captain. Why is the Federation so obsessed with the Maquis? We've never harmed you. And yet we're constantly arrested and charged with terrorism. Starships chase us through the Badlands and our supporters are harassed and ridiculed. Why? Because we've left the Federation, And that's the one thing you can't accept. Nobody leaves paradise. Everyone should want to be in the Federation. Hell, You even want the Cardassians to join. You're only sending them replicators because one day they can take their 'rightful place' on the Federation Council. You know, In some ways, You're even worse than the Borg. At least they tell you about their plans for assimilation. You're more insidious. You assimilate people and they don't even know it. "

- Michael Eddington to Captain Sisko (DS9: "For the Cause")