• Absolutely, I completely agree. Here is the first chapter of the communist manifesto:

A spectre is haunting Europe – the spectre of communism. All the powers of old Europe have
    entered into a holy alliance to exorcise this spectre: Pope and Tsar, Metternich and Guizot,
    French Radicals and German police-spies.
    Where is the party in opposition that has not been decried as communistic by its opponents in
    power? Where is the opposition that has not hurled back the branding reproach of communism,
    against the more advanced opposition parties, As well as against its reactionary adversaries?
    Two things result from this fact:
    I. Communism is already acknowledged by all European powers to be itself a
    power.
    II. It is high time that Communists should openly, In the face of the whole world,
    publish their views, Their aims, Their tendencies, And meet this nursery tale of the
    Spectre of Communism with a manifesto of the party itself.
    To this end, Communists of various nationalities have assembled in London and sketched the
    following manifesto, To be published in the English, French, German, Italian, Flemish and Danish
    languages.

• Yes we need socialism NOW!

People don’t have jobs and don’t have a source of income and that is a problem and governments should be getting some type of income whether it be from the government or a job and a job is not available right now so therefore income from the government is just fine!

• What? Do you want to end up like Maoist China?

Sorry, That was a bit of an overstatement, But honestly, It looks like the US could turn out that way (I'm from the UK). As much as I don't like how Trump did some things, He created a lot of jobs since the Obama presidency, And was the answer to a lot of problems. It's just a shame people didn't see that side to him. (I like his policies but not really him. He's too edgy. ) I don't know how spreading money and jobs across the population equally would work, Honestly. It's a tough one, But I think the best thing we can do is carry on as we are. All the solutions I have backfire.

But making a socialist economy right now is dangerous. Even leaders we trust can change how they treat people because we are becoming more democratic. There's an incredible risk of the government hoarding money for dangerous vaccines and leaving the people with nothing. That's like having the whole population being poor. Do you really think today's governments will be able to resist the temptation of taking our money for the wrong reasons? Someone in politics is bound to exploit it.

We need the ability to get rich because we can't trust everyone in government, As much as a rich and authoritative government can be useful. Having private people earn lots of money could create the ability to distribute more things of free will, Rather than forced in socialism, And capitalism also means we can all earn as much money as we like through our own skills instead of being recruited for any job the government needs. Work hard to make your family get through COVID.

I don't know how much of this is well-informed. Feel free to challenge me.