Were the architects of apartheid truly evil people who had no intent of democratic reform (yes) or simply confused misguided individuals who genuinely thought that it would be equal for everyone (no)?

Asked by: bothsidesguy
  • But it wasn't the Dutch who created it, it was the Anglo-Saxons

It was England who was the colonizing country in 1948, so therefore, it would have to be an Anglo-Saxon invention. The predominantly Dutch South Africa did not get independence until 1948, which many of whom wanted to end Apartheid. So yeah, Apartheid was evil, and I believe it was the English (as well as the Danish) who came up with this idea.

• Not really 100%.

No, I don't believe that apartheid's creators were innately EVIL in their intentions, but it nevertheless goes without saying that their legacy leaves a lot to be desired,in my opinion.I think that they genuinely believed that the system would ensure as they say "seperate but equal" conditions for all, but they made sure that whites would always have the upper hand, and they made every effort to legitimize and legalize the system to work in their favor,in my opinion.