Opinion Question
Argument
Posted by: JacobHammCSA

Are You Kidding Me JacobHammCSA

Let's look at the argument of the only person who somehow said yes to this rather straightforwardly 'no' topic. "Most people say the Confederacy was the bad guys because they hated Black people. That's not true." Of course. They didn't hate black people, because they were too busy forcing them to do backbreaking, sickening work in the middle of the hot noontime sun picking cotton, a task which is not as easy as it sounds. They can't afford to hate black people, because they practically required them as slaves to fuel their primitive, agriculture-driven lives. "The Confederacy had many, many Black soldiers who WILLINGLY took up arms for the cause of Southern freedom." Lemme tell ya why they did that. The Confederate States of America denied African American soldiers basic human rights and liberties. Instead, it promised to "free" them if they fought for the CSA. That's why. They willingly took up arms so they could be free from their unwilling slave work. "They were treated as well as the white soldiers, and were paid as much as they were due as according to their rank and status." This made me LOL. Are you kidding me? Source please, or African American soldiers were mistreated, abused, not given enough rations, and viewed as inferior, as many dozens of African American soldiers of the CSA wrote about in their journals and books. "They were respected, and treated well." Really now. Refer to what I said above. "The Confederacy waged war in self defense. The "Glorious" Union attacked us first. We were fighting in self defense." I'm interested in where the heck you learned history. The Confederacy was the aggressor. The United States fortifications at Fort Sumter were bombarded by Confederate forces without any provocation on April 12, 1861, thus starting the war. Seriously now. "We were fighting in self defense. In defense of our freedom, our independence, and our great way of life." That's rich. Of course you fought for your "freedom" and your "independence". At the same time, you denied those very same things to your African American population, who were forced to do all your brutal, backbreaking slave work. They didn't have the "freedom" or "independence" to leave. Let's see if you still say it's a 'great way of life' if you were an African American slave in the Southern states, forced to do brutal work the whole day without breaks or pay, whipped by white slave owners who did absolutely nothing and merely laid back and reaped the harvest. "The tyrant, Abraham Lincoln, didn't even care about abolishing slavery. Jefferson Davis did however." Again. Who was your history teacher? They should be condemned. Jefferson Davis and the Confederacy practically went to war to protect their "freedom" to own slaves. Meanwhile, Abraham Lincoln made very public speeches like the Emancipation Proclamation that were very clearly anti-slavery. Please go and learn about the Civil War before ranting about a subject you clearly do not understand well, or at all.
alan13510 says2017-03-22T15:18:49.480
OK, I gotta agree with you on that one. Jefferson Davis was scared of slave rebellions, and if they slaves actually liked fighting for the south, they wouldn't rebel. However, many southerners DID fight not for slavery, but against the invasion from the "glorious union". However much Lincoln wants us to view history this way, The north started this mess, do not blame the south for fighting to defend themselves. However, slavery is wrong, and the North was definitely right to free these 4 million PEOPLE, not just pigs that you use to force to work. Slaves were treated horribly, and saying they liked it is a lie. I am neutral, but it sounds to me that the North doesn't like the south's way of running thing( for a good reason too, slavery is horrible), but the south had the right to secede, and fight back. We are united as a whole, I don't care if South Carolina or Michigan or California or Rhode Island secedes, we are the UNITED states, and UNITED we shall stand under God. My point is, slavery is wrong, but the south was right to defend and fight against the opressors.
alan13510 says2017-03-22T15:19:04.967
OK, I gotta agree with you on that one. Jefferson Davis was scared of slave rebellions, and if they slaves actually liked fighting for the south, they wouldn't rebel. However, many southerners DID fight not for slavery, but against the invasion from the "glorious union". However much Lincoln wants us to view history this way, The north started this mess, do not blame the south for fighting to defend themselves. However, slavery is wrong, and the North was definitely right to free these 4 million PEOPLE, not just pigs that you use to force to work. Slaves were treated horribly, and saying they liked it is a lie. I am neutral, but it sounds to me that the North doesn't like the south's way of running thing( for a good reason too, slavery is horrible), but the south had the right to secede, and fight back. We are united as a whole, I don't care if South Carolina or Michigan or California or Rhode Island secedes, we are the UNITED states, and UNITED we shall stand under God. My point is, slavery is wrong, but the south was right to defend and fight against the oppressors.
The_Anarchist says2018-02-13T19:06:46.003
I feel bad for you. You probably went to a liberal school Lmfao
Mcalmic says2018-05-11T13:06:20.890
First off, the Emancipation Proclamation did not free the slaves. It freed the slaves where the union had no control(In the south) but did not do a speck of work to free slaves in the north. Why do you think it never helped slaves in the south escape, just promising them "Rights" when they get to the north? Because it was all to help the north win the war. Why do you think they added a SPECIFIC paragraph saying escaped slaves may serve in the war or provide intelligence? To help the war. Second, the northern generals some of them, at least were horrible people or just had zero IQ. Sherman massacred everyone in his way including civilians and took their private property. Even those who didn't own slaves. That accounts as a huge charge of war crime. Ulysses S. Grant, who later became a president, sent his troops to attack and didn't care about the casualties because they had "so much" people. Lee, though, was an honest, good man. Lastly, most southerners did not even own slaves. The casualties of the civil war greatly exceed those of the slaves because the confederacy will likely be pressured to give up slavery by other countries. The civil war could've been avoided and many deaths of good people avoided.
platy says2021-01-04T19:45:02.170
If I say the earth is flat, And bob disagrees, And I punch him and win the fight, That doesn't make me right.