• If they want to.

If schools want to expend resources on littering problems, the for sure can do something about littering on campus. They can impose fines, or some kind of financial-related penalty. A littered campus gives a very poor impression of a school, and so administrations should also take time to educate students and do additional things that instill enough pride that students will care enough to not litter the place that represents them and their goals.

• Yes, they can.

Schools have many options to do things about the littering problems on campus. Many of the schools already have started to come up with new ways to help, increased trash cans, recycle bins, and signs everywhere showing you or pointing you in the right direction towards a trash can. They just need to keep doing what they are doing, have a few people let people know not to litter on campus.

• Schools can teach kids about the health hazards of littering.

Teachers can require students to pick up trash if they see it. Students who do the wrong thing can be put on litter duty during their recess or outside school hours as a consequence. Schools can instill a sense of pride for their school and surroundings in its student body.

• Yes, schools can do things about the littering problems on campus.

I believe that schools can do things about the littering problems on campus. I think the biggest help is to make sure there are plenty of trash cans around, as well as well marked places for recycling. Also, schools could have a contest among other colleges as to who has the cleanest campus and the most trash. I know our local college has a similar contest with recycling, and it has been a big success.

• Of course they can

Of course they can do something about it. It is whether or not they choose to is the problem. Schools have very busy schediules and I get that but that does not mean that they can no do after school activity's to help the cause. Heck I would come to it every day if I had a choice.

• Fine students heavily

If a student is caught littering on a campus, if there's an authority around to catch them, they should be fined relatively heavily. It'll seem ridiculous and way over the top when it happens, but I bet whoever is on the paying end of that fine isn't going to publicly litter again.

• We can put our back into it and sucseed

We can do this because we can put up rerving the enviroment posters stop littering. Put trash cans in every corner we can buae txgxh xfxystfx ggfdh hyyu gfggft hffhg bttyg yyg hggh bb h bhb hb bb bbbg b b b jb b jbjb jb jb jb j j

• I like this

I agree with everything said said . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Less litter less problems

Schools can do whatever they want. During recess they could pick up after themselves. But as you can see they do it again and again. So the principle can shut down all extracurricular activities. Do these kids want to go that far? Unfortunately yes they do. Less litter, less problems.

• Kids are meth addicts

We have trash because of kids who take meth and throw their needles on the ground also the government makes schools litter so they could hire janitors. Basically meth addicts are responsible for litter on school grounds a n d s h o u l d be deported to Mexico because all drug addicts are from Mexico

• Who even cares?

I don't really see what the big deal is. I litter all the time. Like, I'll finish a soda and then just toss the can on the ground. Or a candy wrapper or whatever. Whenever anyone says"don't do that", I'm just like "they have janitors to clean up". Who cares?

• Litterbugs can’t be stopped

Littering is fun it makes people feel trashy. I like the smell of dirty trash in the morning. It makes the school look like trash and I really hate school. And in fact, littering makes birds choke and die. And a bird bit my moms nose off. According to my callculations littering can not be stopped and people should stop saying that phrase. "Give a hoot don't pollute" "Don't give a hoot please pollute!!!!!"

• Litterbugs can't be stopped

• Punishments will just go to waste!

When students get a punishment, they will just get it and do it again. The punishments don't work and will never get it into their brains that littering is wrong! The punishments just come and go, and with all the new rubbish that schools create there is bound to be a never ending flow of rubbish coming around. So unless schools allocate one teacher for each person and watch them all the time to make sure that they put their rubbish in the bin, the rubbish problems will never stop!

• Schools can stay clean, Students can't!

Basically if a school was willing to stay clean they would be able to do it but the students have to be committed to stay clean also and some students just aren't that committed as some of the others. If more people litter then the same people clean it up, the clean committed people will eventually get fed up and start littering too, thinking that it is OK to litter because someone else will pick it up for them.

• Schools Can't Stay Clean

Yes, schools can try and stay clean, but students will still litter. There are people who will throw away their trash, but they will also have to pick up other people's trash. It is just people do not care, and chances of them changing are slim. It is just a fact.