Whats a better math game? Prodigy (yes) or khan academy (no)

Asked by: kitloin
  • I love prodigy

It really encourages me to do more math at school and at home, And it teaches me new things. I have been doing khan academy for a month and have started prodigy today. I love it, I learned 3 new things, And it is playable with friends. Are they related btw? It has the same sound effect when you answer a math problem right. Idk, Can someone help me?

• I love it

Khan academy is boring and people gets board and Prodigy encourages kids to learn math more. Khan academy only teaches you the procedures, And you go back to school with barely any new knowledge after using it for 2 hours. Kids hate Khan Academy and LOVE Prodigy. Khan Academy only gives you one chance to answer questions, While Prodigy gives you two, And you can take hints from Prodigy without missing the question, Unlike Khan Academy.

• Khan Academy SUCKZ! Prodigy Actually Helps Kids!

No kid will say "I like Khan Academy", While multiple kids will say "I WUV PRODIGY! " RISD actually ENCOURAGES the use of Prodigy at school and home. Prodigy actually helps kids learn since it motivates kids to learn math. If you make them do Khan Academy, That just proves their point that math is boring. Prodigy explains how the rules work while Khan Academy tells you to do it one way without answering why. This makes kids very confused. However, Using Prodigy they will actually explain why the problem has to be solved in a certain way, So kids will say "OHHH I get it! " Many teachers trust Prodigy, And to the people who think Khan Academy is better than Prodigy, I can tell you that you haven't been asking how they feel while doing Khan Academy.

• Khan is boooorring!

In Khan Academy, All you do is just answer questions! Unlike Prodigy, You can actually have fun. For example, You can make friends, Chat, And go on fun quests to try and defeat the Puppet Master! I can't belive that you guys think that Khan is actually better than Prodigy. You don't even learn! My daughter has been getting F's and hasn't learned anything! But on Prodigy, Even the 8th grade questions are correct and she's in 4th grade!

Signed, Maryann.

• Prodigy is fun! Khan Academy is boring AF!

Prodigy encourages kids to learn math more. Khan academy only teaches you the procedures, And you go back to school with barely any new knowledge after using it for 2 hours. Kids hate Khan Academy and LOVE Prodigy. Khan Academy only gives you one chance to answer questions, While Prodigy gives you two, And you can take hints from Prodigy without missing the question, Unlike Khan Academy.

• Prodigy is more Fun!

Prodigy has all sorts of better qualities than Khan Academy. Prodigy takes a fun gaming genre and turns it into an interactive mathematics game, While Khan Academy just teaches you in a more boring manner. Prodigy is always active, With lots of events and updates to keep its user coming back. Khan Academy, However, Just throws learning skills at you, With nothing really special the way Prodigy has. Overall, Prodigy is just more interactive and entertaining then Khan Academy.

(Trust me, I used both and I liked Prodigy better. )

• I only know khan

Khan hasnt helped me at all and ive been using it all year and that is how my teacher grades me so i havent been doing so great. We started this new thing called "aleks" Which is also not the best thing i have ever used for math or anything.

• I love prodigy

At first when my friends told me about it i was thinking (oh another lame o math game) but when i tried it it was actually fun! Although member ship costs some it actually helps you answer more questions. In fact the teachers at our school who teach k-2 grade use it to teach their students. (im not k-2 if you were thinking that)

• Khan Is Amazing

It might be boring but it actually teaches you stuff. Prodigy doesn't really explain the formulas. Also Prodigy doesn't teach you strategies. What I do which is helpful for my child is, I make her watch Khans videos and then make her do prodigy. This way its learning from khan and fun from prodigy by doing practice problems.

• When you start where kids are at and move on KHAN changes a students perception of themselves as capable Mathematicians!

The one argument against KHAN is that "my child hasn't improved since using KHAN. " My question is are you using it appropriately? Many schools, Teachers, And parents start with the idea that if my kid is in 5th grade and is struggling with math, They need do more 5th grade math. Did there troubles begin over night or has there been a building issue? I know a common misconception is that if they didn't learn it this year they'll pick it up next year. False! Don't cross your fingers and hope it happens next year. Deficits build and compound!

One sure fire way to address this issue is to have them start all the way back with early math and progress from there. If they know the skills they will fly through! If they don't there are videos and hints that teach the skills necessary to master what's being asked of them. Its not just a pile of practice questions. Starting from early math is a small formative investment that pays off. If they struggle with a skill it will be addressed and then they can move on.

As a 5th grade teacher I can tell you that far too many kids are of 5th grade age, But are not functioning at a fifth grade math level, In fact most students in my class have learning gaps that stretch back to early math! When a kid masters a grade level mission and moves onto a higher grade level, They may struggle. If they do, It bumps them back to a skill that will address the problem in an earlier grade.

Give your children a fighting chance! Let them be honest with their skill level and start where they need to start. The confidence they gain by being able to do math they've struggled with for so long is a huge confidence builder.

• More Topics to Choose From.

Khan has WAY more topics and learning, And you can choose anything to learn about. In Prodigy, Running from the start, To a place, To the start, To a place, To the start, To a place, To the start, To a place, While fighting "Monsters" the WHOLE TIME gets annoying. This was the most annoying line OF ALL TIME, "All finished! Let's head back, OK? " Also, YOU CAN"T CHOOSE WHAT TO LEARN! Bruh.

• Khan Academy is Better!

Khan Acadamy doesn't have you run from place to place completing missions for absolute strangers and then taking rewards from absolute strangers. Khan Acadamy gives you the option of different avatars that you can change, along with different backgrounds, while you have to pay on Prodigy. Khan Academy has different things you can do like watch videos, take quizzes and tests, etc., while, in Prodigy, you answer question after question.

• Khan academy is better!!

Although prodigy seems quite fun, khan academy is better. Khan academy has videos and practice question. (Though sometimes I feel as if prodigy and khan academy may be linked, because they both make the same sound, when you get a question right on prodigy, and when you complete a practice on khan academy. Does anyone feel that way too?

Posted by: Hpo
  • Khan Is Better

Prodigy has a weird glitch and I don't know if Prodigy made it like that for a reason, but the glitch is where if you chose... Lets say 1st grade math in the beginning when you first join, it later gives you 7th and 8th grade math when I was just at level 4. Khan Academy may be boring, but it helps you learn better and has better questions while Prodigy randomizes and gives higher level math than you might have chosen. To add on, all you really do in it is fight other players and change your avatar. In conclusion I believe Khan Academy is better.

• Khan academy is the best

Khan academy is the best it helped me it even has supporting videos khan academy is better because it is hard and sometimes it can be easy my sister is starting year 5 and since it was so easy now she is in grade 6

VOTE KHAN ACADEMY PLEASE PLEASE

• Khan Academy Helps.

Khan Academy helped me to become faster, and more accurate. Really, what every good maths game has, is that they show you how to do it. Prodigy just gives you the right answer. Besides, 60% says yes to Khan Academy!

GO FOR THE MAJORITY PEOPLE!!! I love Khan Academy! It's the best!

• I love khan

It might be boring but it can prepared you for prodigy.I mean seriously how can a math game help others?In Khan Academy,it seriously prepares you for the next level.Prodigy does random questions.For example,my friend had 8th Grade math and he's only in 4th!Maybe instead of games maybe try a little boring because it might help you better.

>