Which is better: Family Guy (yes) or South Park (no)?

• Family Guy is way funnier than South Park

I think there might be an IQ gap between these two fan bases. That would explain why 83% have thus far voted in favor of South Park. I think a lot of people don't really get Family Guy's humor; maybe on a superficial level, but there are multiple layers to it. South Park is infantile in comparison; there is no subtlety. For me, It barely manages to evoke the slightest chuckle. The writing is insipid and its target audience is probably around the same age as its characters. Family Guy delivers more humor in one-liners than South Park does in entire episodes.

• A realistic view on society.

Family Guy gives a realistic view into the lives of an American family home. Meanwhile, South Park focuses on ignorant children who not only enjoy using profanity, but are also disrespectful to their elders. It teaches our children that this kind of behavior is okay. I believe Family Guy is more child appropriate and teaches better values, making it a better television show.

• South Park is alot Funnier alot Smarter and has alot more Heart

When it comes down to the truth, here it is. South Park has the best writers who can actually:

1 Make an interesting story that has relevance to on the wire issues affecting modern day society. Take for instance Kenny dies ep (is stem cell research moral or evil) world of war craft (How do you kill that which has no life)
    2 has characters that we actually care about. Who here doesn't love or relate to Randy Marsh (crazy, eccentric really funny) Eric Cartman (super intelligent, sadistic, really funny) or Kyle (has morals, has heart). This is because these characters are BELIEVABLE because the writing is so good. Compare that with Peter Griffin (fat, Stupid,uncaring unlovable) Chris Griffin( fat, Stupid) and Meg (completely forgettable) . The reason Family Guy's characters are so stupid, idiotic not very funny is because they rely on random cutaway gags and they have not been written properly. We don't relate to these characters because they are too cartoonish and not beleivable.
    Compare this with South Park, Characters who go beyond the page beyond cartoon into real life.
    I FUCKING DARE YOU to challenge me on this. I FUCKING DARE YOU. No contest
    3 HAS JOKES THAT ARE RELEVANT TO THE STORY AND THE PLOT WHICH ARE STILL FUNNY. Take any South park episode and it has jokes that are relevant to an issue or specific events at the time which is perfectly written into the story. The Losing Edge episode is a classic and shows how funny South park and Randy Marsh can be.
    FAMILY GUY RELIES ON CUTAWAY GAGS AND RANDOMLY PLACED JOKES WHICH HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO RELEVANCE. The reason Family Guy does this is because the jokes don't have to be written into the story they can just be put anywhere any time. This makes for random hit and miss jokes which would be funnier had they effected the outcome of the plot. Family Guy really is written by Manitees who place random joke balls into a tub. (Cartoon Wars)
    4 South Park always tries to ask the difficult questions, be the moral compass and introduce people to ideas they didn't know about. Be it stem cell research, BP oil spill, Drones, black people being shot by police.

So when it comes down to it there really is no contest. Family Guy is for idiots, people who want to switch their brains off after a long day, t's just random cutaway gags, most of which are forgettable.
    For all of you who find Family guy funnier you must have parents who are related your that fucking dumb
    Seriously, for those of you who find Family guy funnier there is no hope just kill yourselves now.

South Park is Laugh out Loud slapping your knee funny
    Family Guy is only mild chuckle funny

• South Park is alot Funnier alot Smarter and has alot more heart

Family Guy is only mild chuckle funny

• Family Guy is funnier

Family Guy's every episode is a self contained (generally), the humor requires one to think in extremes and is very intelligent. I know lots of people who don't seem to 'Get' it and although I would not say they are dumb but they are not as imaginative as I am. In short the humor is Fluid and genius in some parts but mostly good.

• Family Guy has overtaken South Park

I used to be massively in favour of South Park over Family Guy. But in the last 5 or so years my opinion has steadily changed. I think year on year family guy has been getting funnier and better written, whereas South Park have been trying too hard for bigger and better story arcs which don't work.
    Ultimately I still watch both, but I get bigger laughs now from watching a recent Family Guy episode to watching a recent South Park episode.

• Doesn't take itself too seriously and points out the absurdity of all.

Although South Park is quite a good show, well it was at least before 2006ish or so, when it itself didn't take itself seriously. There are underlining messages about family and friendship that you find within all the ridiculousness. It's not nearly as shallow of a show that most people think it is.

• Family Guy is way ahead of South Park

I've never even been able to sit through an entire episode of the poor excuse of a "funny" show South Park. Tried a few different times and I can't even stand it for more that 5 minutes before I have to shut it off. Been watching Family Guy for years and that's all I will be watching. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you don't like it tough shit!

• Family guy is better.

To be honest i've never been able to finish any of the south park episodes cause i just turn it off cause i get to bored. I can never turn off family guy its the best show there is right now and has always been i love the creater Seth macfarlane.

• Family Guy is funnier

South Park is dumb and there is a limit on how racist a show can be and South Park crossed that limit. Family Guy is funny and whoever doesn't get their humor needs to go back to school. Those people who say Family Guy's humor doesn't follow the plot are just getting that from what South Park said. South Park is always saying "That's gay" about EVERYTHING. Everything in Family Guy leads up to something. Family Guy was cancelled twice, but was brought back because people enjoy it. Family Guy is very relevant to what's happening now, all of you people who are saying that are just getting that from South Park.

• Are you kidding me

Everyone saying South Park fans don't understand family guys humour is being stupid....... I like family guy as well but South Park is a lot better than family guy could ever be. South Park has an actual message and actual jokes about the plot not just random pointless stuff. South Park is the winner

• People Just Don't Get South Park

People think South Park is just kids swearing? That is the reason people watch Family Guy. They don't understand any morals or lesson, so they watch stupid joke after joke shows. South Park teaches important lessons and morals that people normally don't talk about. They mention modern day activity in a funny way. Family Guy fans don't understand South Park's mature humor.

• South Park has infinitely better writing

The first few seasons of Family Guy were fantastic, as were the first few seasons of South Park. Then Family Guy began to dip in the quality of its jokes and writing while South Park did not. It has gotten to the point where Family Guy seems to think that it needs to clearly and loudly explain their typically obvious and cliched jokes to the audience, or that having characters scream at each other is automatically funny. They expect their audience to laugh on cue rather than respond to actual comedy.

• South park is way better

Family guy has some good episodes, but most of the time, i literally sleep off watching family guy, because the jokes can be lame atimes..

But SOUTH PARK bro.. South park is life.. It's amazing how the writers think. I'm always like.. Wtf, wtf.. Wow. It's a lie. I'm always alive watching southpark cos they just understand how to be funny . I love it. I'm on season21 episode 4.

• Would prefer south park

I watch both shows. I would personally prefer South park just because of the characters. My favorite is Eric Cartman. Eric is a complete sociopath with narcissistic tendencies and a complete lack of human compassion. He made a random kid eat his own parents and starts laughing at him. He shit on the teachers desk for crying out loud! Not saying south park is objectivily better, but personally I like south park more just because of Eric Cartman.

• Would prefer south park

• South Park for the win

I like both but there hasn't been a South Park episode that hasn't made me laugh and family guy first really have a plot it's just forced in jokes and gags only some of which are funny. And South Park has better characters and better celebrity bashing than family guy

• South Park is more complex as to Family Guy is pretty simple.

South Park provides every episode with at least 3+ plot lines and each one is relevant to modern society and the any significant change within society whether it be the past week or month. South Park is also a show that has made me genuinely laugh, while Family Guy has gotten the most out of me as a chuckle. Don't get me wrong, family guy was the first show I watched and I loved watching it and I still watch it to this day but it's more of a background noise show for me to do homework or be on my computer.

• Overall, South Park is better.

The first 5 maybe 6 seasons of South Park were original, creative, clever and very down-to-Earth. Family Guy started as basically a more obscene version of The Simpsons, even though it was good and it was clever in its own way. Some of the jokes in Family Guy wer poor in taste (domestic violence jokes, holocaust jokes, pedophile jokes) while South Park jokes were both better in taste and funnier. All of the recent seasons of both series completely suck, but South Park was better to start with and took longer to decline. Family Guy is too poor in taste along with not funny and has no plot now, South Park is now too political and is just random instead of funny and original.

• South Park stays far more relevant to current times while family guy is random.

I not going to say I've never laughed at an episode of family guy I'm just saying if you held a gun to my head and asked me which one I want to watch it would be south Park. To me south Park stays more current and in touch while family guy uses random humor that is sometimes funny while other times not.

>