• Ebay will be DEAD in 3 to 5 years.

Ebay is nothing more than a WhiteTrash drug-free gun-free sex-free Craigslist.
    Majority of ebay vendors are tax dodgimg conartist using AMAZON to dropshp from!
    Duh!
    Ebay NEEDS Amazon to survive. . . . . Not the other way around.
    Chinese vendors are the ONLY reason consider to shopping on Crapbay.
    Or I should say 'were' since your scumbag trump is taxing Chinese products to oblivion.

Ebay is a bottom feeder. It thrives on losers to keep it's head afloat.
    The ebay auction system as anyone with a brain will tell you is FIERCELY corrupt.

The sellers can screw the customers, And ebay/paypal screws everyone.

Amazon has their own; fleet of trucks, Warehouses, Shipping department, Credit line, An EXCELLENT return policy and the Customer service is beyond reproach. Nor is Amazon hiding behind the shameful shiester bred hidden fee monster that is paypal.

• Ebay will be DEAD in 3 to 5 years.

Duh!

• It is possible

Amazon is set up MUCH better than ebay. It took me ages to get a refund on something that I had to return from ebay. If they had better things put in place to protect the buyer and the seller, then ebay would be great for buying 2nd hand things, but amazon does a much better job at protecting people.

• Amazon's A Mess

Amazon has too many irons in the fire and can't even keep its employees happy. Amazon has a tough road ahead and it is very unlikely that they will put eBay out of business. eBay is a great auction platform and while they've made decisions for themselves that have harmed their business model I don't think they're in danger of closing up shop.

• Amazon will not fold Ebay

Ebay is an addiction for a lot of people. While Amazon's marketplace sellers are abundant it is a totally different market of purchasing. Chasing an item on Ebay is nowhere near the same as hitting the buy button on Amazon. For that reason alone I do not see how the scenario would ever be viable.

• I think probably not

The reason I think that Amazon will probably not put Ebay out of business is because Ebay is a very popular and widely used shopping site. Although Amazon is on par with Ebay because a lot of people use Amazon as well, I dont think that it will completely put ebay out of business. Also Ebay can sometimes be a lot cheaper than Amazon

>