• I am an example of this

I am multiracial. My maternal great grandmother is Native American (Blackfoot Indian) and African American, and my maternal great grandfather is Asian and Jamaican (my grandmother's parents); My grandmother married my grandfather whose mother was Native American and Caucasian (white), with bright blue eyes, and his father was half black and half French Caucasian from Haiti. On my father's side, his mother's mother was Black and white mixed and his mother's father was Native American, black and white, and his father's father was a Caucasian from England and his father's mother was Native American and black. Now, people ask me all of the time what am I, and I just say that I am American. I am a 37 yr old female from Maryland, and I married a Punjabi Indian man who gave me one son, and two sons from my 2nd marriage with a man from El Salvador. So, my family is very mixed race because of this melting pot of a country, and sometimes when foreigners come here, they throw old traditions out of the window. And I was accepted into both families and loved. So no matter what you believe, in the future, the majority of the U.S. is going to be mixed race. And in the area where I live, there are more interracial couples and mixed race children then anything else. My sons' school is 80% mixed race kids. There aren't many just black or white or just kids with one race.

• From a mathematical/theoretical standpoint...

It's the only way to go. If interracial marriages exist, then we are forever approaching this reality. The world isn't as big as it was a thousand years ago. Modern transportation allows anyone to go anywhere, so geography should no longer be a factor. Additionally, no matter how adamant one may be about marrying into their own race, math says nothing is ever certain.

• Look at a ratio

Sure, in the past 10,000 years, humans haven't gotten to the point where we're entirely populated of mixed race people but that's because people several thousand years ago would stay in one place with their own races, it wasn't until only 50 years ago when whites could marry blacks in the US so OF COURSE we're not at the point of mixed races yet. However, in those past 50 years, the amount of mixed race people has skyrocketed up. Meaning that if we look at it as a ratio, in only a few hundred years we will be a fraction of a percentage of everything.

• Mixing will lead to one overly dominant race

It's just basic logic. Considering the amount of mixing that has already happened just in the past few hundred years, it isn't unrealistic to thing that certain traits (skin color, eye color etc.) will become plainly dominant in the human race. It's even been predicted by scientists the change that the human race will undergo in the upcoming few thousand years, which may be different, but also something that could be embraced.

• What is it about the faces on these pages that we find so intriguing?

Is it simply that their features disrupt our expectations, that we’re not used to seeing those eyes with that hair, that nose above those lips? Our responses can range from the armchair anthropologist’s benign desire to unravel ancestries and find common ground to active revulsion at group boundaries being violated or, in the language of racist days past, “watered down.”

Out in the world, the more curious (or less polite) among us might approach, asking, “Where are you from?” or “What are you?” We look and wonder because what we see—and our curiosity—speaks volumes about our country’s past, its present, and the promise and peril of its future.

The U.S. Census Bureau has collected detailed data on multiracial people only since 2000, when it first allowed respondents to check off more than one race, and 6.8 million people chose to do so. Ten years later that number jumped by 32 percent, making it one of the fastest growing categories. The multiple-race option has been lauded as progress by individuals frustrated by the limitations of the racial categories established in the late 18th century by German scientist Johann Friedrich Blumenbach, who divided humans into five “natural varieties” of red, yellow, brown, black, and white. Although the multiple-race option is still rooted in that taxonomy, it introduces the factor of self-determination. It’s a step toward fixing a categorization system that, paradoxically, is both erroneous (since geneticists have demonstrated that race is biologically not a reality) and essential (since living with race and racism is). The tracking of race is used both to enforce antidiscrimination laws and to identify health issues specific to certain populations.

The Census Bureau is aware that its racial categories are flawed instruments, disavowing any intention “to define race biologically, anthropologically, or genetically.” And indeed, for most multiple-race Americans, including the people pictured here, identity is a highly nuanced concept, influenced by politics, religion, history, and geography, as well as by how the person believes the answer will be used. “I just say I’m brown,” McKenzi McPherson, 9, says. “And I think, Why do you want to know?” Maximillian Sugiura, 29, says he responds with whatever ethnicity provides a situational advantage. Loyalties figure in too, especially when one’s heritage doesn’t show up in phenotypical facial features, hair, or skin. Yudah Holman, 29, self-identifies as half Thai and half black, but marks Asian on forms and always puts Thai first, “because my mother raised me, so I’m really proud of being Thai.”

Sandra Williams, 46, grew up at a time when the nation still turned on a black-white axis. The 1960 census depicted a country that was still 99 percent black or white, and when Williams was born six years later to parents of mixed black and white ancestry, 17 states still had laws against interracial marriage. In Williams’s western Virginia hometown, there was only one Asian child in her school.

• The race of the future is a theoretical composite race which will result from ongoing racial admixture.

Count Richard Nikolaus von Coudenhove-Kalergi in 1925 in Practical Idealism predicted: "The man of the future will be of mixed race. Today's races and classes will gradually disappear owing to the vanishing of space, time, and prejudice. The Eurasian-Negroid race of the future, similar in its appearance to the Ancient Egyptians, will replace the diversity of peoples with a diversity of individuals." The same scenario had been envisaged, with rather less enthusiasm, by Madison Grant in his 1916 The Passing of the Great Race, calling for a eugenics program to prevent this development, and in a similar ideological context in Lothrop Stoddard's The Rising Tide of Color Against White World-Supremacy in 1920.

Gottfried de Purucker was an author and theosophist who, when asked about intermarriage in 1930, said "In answering your question very briefly, I can say simply this, that the time has not come when I would willingly suggest intermarriage; but I am in honesty bound to qualify that by saying that the race of the future will be a composite, composed of the many different races on earth today. Let us also remember that all men are ultimately of one blood."

In the United States, the proportion of Multiracial American children is growing. Interracial partnerships are rising, as are transracial adoptions. In 1990, about 14% of 18- and 19-year-olds, 12% of 20- and 21-year-olds, and 7% of 34- and 35-year-olds were involved in interracial relationships (Joyner and Kao, 2005). Interracial marriage is still uncommon. In 2010 in America, 15% of new marriages were interracial, with 9% of whites, 17% of blacks, 26% of Hispanics and 28% of Asians married outside of their race. Of the 275,000 new interracial marriages in 2010, 43% were White-Hispanic, 14.4% were White-Asian, 11.9% were White-black and the rest were other combinations.

• We are heading that way

In all probability this could happen. Unlike generations ago, travel and relocation has become easier and has enabled any person to live anywhere. Interracial/ethinic relationships have occurred and will continue to occur. Even if not intentional, there is already mixing in most of our bloodlines. From colonist mixing with natives from one country while in another country, along with ancient and modern migrations of people; there isn’t any case of anyone having an unmixed bloodline. With modern genetic ancestry testing being used in anthropological studies, it’s has proven that we are more mixed than we once believed.

• The European Races will not be Bred Out its been tried before in the East.

European people's are not in any way would be breed out the idea of mixing the Negroid and Asiatic races with each other would only end up in the collapse of Western Civilization as it was in Babylon and Egypt so the majority are racially conscious so they won't mix with other races this agenda has been a largely Jewish influenced movement and has been widely supported by the Jews so when you see all these African and non-white people in Europe and America they are not mixing in droves which would lead to us all living together in a Mixed Race harmony in fact its more or less a violent struggle between the various races with the Whites being brutally attacked by the Blacks and other non-whites and the non-whites attacking each other. Our people throughout history has faced the race mixing problem even before the 20th century with the Babylonians which was a European society in Babylon in modern day Iraq bringing in Non-whites into there society so when it fell into the decay and ruin they all left. Then in with the Egyptians they had Africans and Semitic groups migrate in Egypt with race mixing occurring and that lead to mixture of the Egyptian population with the Negroids leading to how there own Mummies are more European then the present day Egyptian population. Then the Roman Empire having North Africa being apart of the Empire and Africans appearing from the South they had mixture in Rome, Italy so even then they weren't breed out the Whites in Italy they became a Mixed race known as the Italians so even if you have all this race mixing occur hear in Europe and America you will either end up with Enclaves being formed with balkanizing across the board in Europe and America to protect themselves or people becoming more similar to the Mediterranean people.

• Mixed Race Cannot Happen.

Logically speaking we see hardly people migrating from there Homeland. I strongly say when we take world as awhole only few people migrate from there Homeland to other places mainly for 3 reasons:
    1. Looking for better job and career.
    2. For better status of life.
    3. For better status of there future family.

The mentioned third category people can practically think of a mixed race because they want to settle down there and need to make that country as there homeland. Also, getting married to a opposite gender of other race is highly impossible with several factors to consider like
    1. Getting partner's consent.
    2. Getting partner's family's consent.
    3. Getting our own family's consent.
    4. Getting adapted to anyone race practices(or a new practice formed out of combination these practices).

Practically with so many hurdles in front of a human he never thinks of mixed race marriages or relationships until so many hurdles need to be broken.

Even in diversified groups like Indian subcontinent, a North Indian South Indian marriage is very rare maybe like 1 in 100,000.

So, I conclude by saying definitely even after many generations Human race can never become mixed and always gets expanded.....

• There Will Always Be Multiple Races

It is the basic nature of a species to have multiple races, breeds if you will. There will always be several breeds of dog, and there will always be multiple races of human, it's the way things have been since God created the world, and I really don't see how it could ever be any different.

• No!!That would totally suck!

People usually date their own race and even mixed race people can look/have more traits from one race than others. I honestly hope it never happens because I love the diversity that exist today and wouldn't want to see it any other way. I like different ethnic groups and races and can only hope that future generations get to experience them as well

>